DEMO Blueshift (Boss Dimension C)

This post contains an audio or video demo

owlexifry

for the longest time i had no idea the boss dimension C is a chorus pedal. i always assumed it was just some obscure boss pedal thing.

who doesn’t love a chorus?
after building the CE-2, i was all about ‘em.
then i found out what the dimension C actually is (+ roland dimension d) and it’s fancy smooth stereo mixing circuit, the simple toggles, mmmm, i had to play one.
so i ordered a blueshift board from aionfx.

as i’m sure some have seen in another thread @Fama saved the day and provided the edited/formatted .pdf (from the aionfx build docs design) for the uv printed enclosure that i ordered from tayda.
print turned out great. thanks @Fama \m/

- ordered most of the caps, H11F1, some transistors+opamps, jacks, switches, and the fancy header pins+hardware from mouser.
- resistors from my stash (tayda, mostly)
- 3207, 3102, NE570 from banzai

was a bit different building on a pcb for the first time since jul2021, eventually got used to it, but holy heck are there a lot of components in this circuit 😅

DD301273-83ED-4463-915D-E49E6CAE37B6.jpeg

wired it for minimal bypass.

A5E6CAB4-D423-4491-94F8-2A6551F2851D.jpeg

sounds awesome!

85B04FA9-BF87-4A21-84AF-B377CBB33C6F.jpeg

incredible in stereo.
everyone needs to play and/or hear one of these in stereo, it’s a full body experience 🥴

just a quick iphone demo:

now i gotta figure out how to record in stereo with the scarlett 2i2 😎

EDIT:
I've attached the .pdf that was used for the UV print - for anyone that wants to use it for their blueshift builds.
(note: there is no gloss layer)

Attachments

• Blueshift Black Lettering no border.pdf
    395.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Way back when I actually had a Dimension D. A little OTT for the tiny gigs I played back then. Later on when Boss brought out the Dimension C I used one of those for a while but these days I am chorused out. I can't use chorus any more. I may reconsider if asked to play in an '80s themed band!

But for some reason I am perversely tempted to try building one of these pedals. I like the idea of a true bypass Dimension C. Your beautiful build is not making it any easier to resist!

Dude love it! I am about to order the Blueshift as well!
hell yeah, you won't regret it.
it's honestly not that bad to build.
just takes a bit longer than a tube screamer

Way back when I actually had a Dimension D. A little OTT for the tiny gigs I played back then. Later on when Boss brought out the Dimension C I used one of those for a while but these days I am chorused out. I can't use chorus any more. I may reconsider if asked to play in an '80s themed band!

But for some reason I am perversely tempted to try building one of these pedals. I like the idea of a true bypass Dimension C. Your beautiful build is not making it any easier to resist!
hahah thanks \m/
it’s not entirely true bypass, 'minimalist' bypass still goes through an input buffer, but still better than going through the pre- and de- emphasis filters in stock mode.

how different is the dimension D to the C? just a big box?

Man that’s awesome. I’m still just sitting here staring at my PCB set.
ay cheers. it's worth the slog i reckon! time to open up that BOM google doc ;)

I'm sitting on that board and it's taunting and daring me to build it. I'm still a little intimidated by it.
But man that sounds freaking awesome!
bro if you can build x2 mbp skoolies with that much nonchalance, i think you got this one in the bag 😎

hell yeah man it’s heavenly, this demo doesn’t even come close to conveying the magic you'll feel when you’re feeding two independent rigs in stereo mode.

e.g.
last night i went on an interdimensional space mission
75249B97-4188-4F39-837D-E0A0BE9CDB4E.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm now off down a youtube Dimension C rabbit hole, and will probably need to build one of these. That space echo clip really sealed the deal.

Nice work!

Back