Breakout board

midiguy

Why is my pedal not working when its switched off I used a pedal pcb breakout board and noticed it has an added BP on it I assume that stands for bypass and needs to be wired to the out but that still don't work not sure what I did wrong

Why is my pedal not working when its switched off I used a pedal pcb breakout board and noticed it has an added BP on it I assume that stands for bypass and needs to be wired to the out but that still don't work not sure what I did wrong
If it has the BP on it, that’s a breakout board specifically for a pedal with buffered bypass. Is the board that you are building intended for buffered bypass? Look at the wiring diagram on the last page of the documentation.

I also noticed that it turns on when engaged even if no guitar chords are plugged into
A picture might help.
I finally figured it out it is the BP spot on the breakout board goes to the output the wiring diagram I got doesn't have the BP on the breakout board

Ok I didn't realize that it was for buffered bypass it's my first pedal build the pcb is two sticks of derm it works as it should but doesn't sound how I thought it would the pot controls the volume I expected it to control the fuzz I'll rebuild it without the breakout board and see if it sounds better

I also noticed that it turns on when engaged even if no guitar chords are plugged into
You'll have to change the wiring slightly if you want the power switched by the input jack.

the pot controls the volume I expected it to control the fuzz
The pot on the Two Sticks of Derm does control the volume. This circuit (and the original) have fixed gain, adjustable volume.

Back