Bring out yer Diptrace

Here's an AIO layout for ROG's Thunderbird (Marshall Super Lead 100 inspired circuit) . This circuit was off my radar until I read @Chuck D. Bones's build report. 1776 used to offer a board for this one, but they're now closed and it seems nobody else is offering boards for this one currently. I have another layout without the built-in bypass, but including it on this one dramatically simplifies wiring and allows me to better isolate the high impedance input line compared to having the I/O connections at the bottom. A red board seemed fitting for this project, but that may change by the time it's ordered. According to a couple sources, this circuit has a tendency to be noisy, hopefully I've taken sufficient steps in the design to avoid some of that 🤞.

View attachment 83333
View attachment 83332
As always, this looks really cool. Couple questions—is that a CMOS-based relay bypass? And are you planning on using a Cliff EMI washer on both jacks?

An aside:

I almost always type "µ", it's easy enough on a Mac:
Hold "OPTION" key down and then hit "M" — gives me a perfect "µ" every time, so long as the caps-lock isn't on, then it gives me:
"Â".

NO NEED to type "uF", when "µF" is right there under the fingerboard...

An aside:

I almost always type "µ", it's easy enough on a Mac:
Hold "OPTION" key down and then hit "M" — gives me a perfect "µ" every time, so long as the caps-lock isn't on, then it gives me:
"Â".

NO NEED to type "uF", when "µF" is right there under the fingerboard...

I swear I got (internet) angry about this somewhere :ROFLMAO:
alt+0181 µ on the windurrs

Based on @jwin615 's work on it (doing the hard stuff), there will be a few points of errata in this build :p

1728761212732.png

This dingdong ordered before jwin had a chance to do all the sciencey stuff.

I was wondering if I can get a second set of eyes on my first KiCad project - a basic footswitch breakout. I had to make the symbols and footprints myself (based off some MadBeans libraries), so it seems like there's a lot that could have gone wrong.
x2scrap.png
I wanted the following features that I haven't seen on other breakouts:
  • All headers labeled
  • Silkscreen reminder of how the lugs were wired
  • Headers labeled on the reverse side as well
  • My own name on it :).
In the screenshot above I hid the rear silkscreen for clarity. JLC isn't rejecting the gerber file, and I figured I'd use their panelization option (any panelization on JLC seems to add $4 overhead - an "engineering fee") to get 125 breakouts for $7. I'd upload the gerber file here but the forum doesn't allow it.

I was wondering if I can get a second set of eyes on my first KiCad project
All connections look correct, your F.Silkscreen layer looks fine. I cannot confirm the footprint for the switch will work and the only recommendation I'd give is to increase your trace sizes a little. If you only increase the trace size on one, make it the trace carrying the SW net.

Back