Broad overly simplified and under-researched FV-1 question

Danbieranowski

Having an issue with distortion in the Pythagoras-based Threeverb. I’ve read about the issue and it looks like it could be the Crystal or the surrounding cap. Before I go chasing things down, if anyone has experience with this, am I on the right track?

Heres where I gathered the limited info I have: http://www.spinsemi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=635

And here’s what the pedal sounds like:

Happy to hear it all worked out. The 2000K range is a resistance measurement. when you measured 239, that was 239K Ohms. Basically sneak paths thru the last two opamps and their surrounding resistors. MLCCs (multi layer ceramic capacitors) are fairly fragile internally. They contain many thin layers of metal and ceramic. Any cracks in the ceramic that form either as latent manufacturing defects or from thermal shock during soldering can lead to shorts.

As for cheap DMMs, the main one I use on my bench is a freebie from HF. It does the job and I don't feel bad if solder gets splashed on it. I also have a good one that I use when the freebie isn't good enough for certain measurements.
Very cool. I’m super relieved it got sorted. Really bugged me that the probe worked off the same leads but not the Jack. Still don’t fully grasp that haha.

I don't think the value matters the cap on your probe is there to block DC and allow your AC guitar signal to flow

So as Barry says C6 don't work right, so you're putting a cap in circuit via your probe at your output and it blocks DC coming out of IC 5.1 as Chuck said before it goes out via your cable to your amp

Or something like that!

Last edited:
Back