Buffer help

Rpschultz13

I've notice significant volume difference between my buffered and non-buffered effects, order matters. Putting a buffered effect first and last seems necessary:
Buffered effects: KlicheMini, Unicab
Nonbuffered: Diplomat, ParagonMini, Aion ODR-C.

I feel like I have to have the Unicab last (which is fine) and the KlicheMini first for it to sound good.

I wondered about building one of the buffers available. C-buffer, Kliche Buffer, JFET Buffer. Would it help? Which one? I never thought this mattered so much.
Thanks.

Picture below shows current order. The Turbo Tuner is TB so it doesn't help or act as a buffer.

IMG_5256.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice looking boxes, especially the cab sim!

I've notice significant volume difference
How long is the cable between your guitar and your pedalboard? If you ARE running a long cable before your board, it's probably loading down your signal and a frontend buffer may be called for.

If the cable coming into the pedalboard is short, there shouldn't be much of a difference in volume between buffered/true-bypass pedals, especially in a small chain like the one shown. If this is the case, you may have some funny business happening with your patch cables or one of your pedals. I'd start by checking each of those and trying to track down the underlying problem. If the cables all check out, then try isolating each pedal to see if one of them is affecting your signal on bypass.

Back