Caesar Chorus Build Docs

I have just finished building two Caesars and neither seem to be getting a chorus wet signal. I have swapped out every IC chip and transistor on both with working items from reliable sources and I'm still not getting anything. Seems to be the same problem on both units. All LEDs light up and it works fine on bypass, but I only seem to be getting a very very low crackle from the wet side. I have traced everything I can within my knowledge and equipment and have a weird suspicion that it might have something to do with C3 (47n). I tested the component before I placed it, so I know it works as intended, but I did noticed that it is highlighted red on the build doc. So, that, along with my schematic tracing makes me think there might be something there. Anyone have any thoughts on why it would be highlighted red? Picture attached. Thanks in advance. IMG_7257.JPG

C3 is marked in red because it's value was changed a few years ago.

Do you have a clean dry signal when the pedal is engaged?

I'm not familiar with that breakout board but something might be off there.

The yellow wire on the left is connected to the Out pad of the PCB, while the orange wire right beside it connects to the Input jack.

The white wire on the right is connected to the In pad of the PCB, while the orange wire right beside it connects to the Output jack.

Typically the PCB input is adjacent to the Input Jack pad on a breakout board. Unless yours is an oddball I'd look there.

My guess is that the orange wires need to be swapped at the jacks.

C3 is marked in red because it's value was changed a few years ago.

Do you have a clean dry signal when the pedal is engaged?

I'm not familiar with that breakout board but something might be off there.

The yellow wire on the left is connected to the Out pad of the PCB, while the orange wire right beside it connects to the Input jack.

The white wire on the right is connected to the In pad of the PCB, while the orange wire right beside it connects to the Output jack.

Typically the PCB input is adjacent to the Input Jack pad on a breakout board. Unless yours is an oddball I'd look there.

My guess is that the orange wires need to be swapped at the jacks.
Awesome, thank you. So, nothing to do with C3 then?

Yes, the breakout board is one I created and I reversed it for spacing reason. That is great catch though. I will start there. However, on the second pedal (not shown) I did wire a PPCB breakout switch board correctly and had the same issues, with no signal. Also, would I still get a bypass/clean signal if they were incorrectly wired? Currently, even on this one pictured, I get a clean signal. Either way, I really really appreciate your expertise in this regard. Thank you!

Not sure if this is it (Robert's guess seems more relevant), but many of the lugs on the footswitch barely look soldered to my eyes. I usually flood them with solder, similar to the one in the lower left corner.

Back