SOLVED Caesar Chorus Clock Noise on Bypass

Hello friends. I built the caesar chorus today and on bypass I get a clock noise with the speed of whatever the rate knob is set to. Any ideas? Haven’t tried replacing the chips yet but I have tried different cables and power supplies and powe me cables. Even with no input cable connected, only the output connection, the clock noise is there. First time working with bucket brigade so any direction will be helpful, thanks.

best case scenario here is to use shelded wiring with the shield soldered to ground... Had to do this with pretty much every ceasar ive built to get the ticking out..

best case scenario here is to use shelded wiring with the shield soldered to ground... Had to do this with pretty much every ceasar ive built to get the ticking out..T
best case scenario here is to use shelded wiring with the shield soldered to ground... Had to do this with pretty much every ceasar ive built to get the ticking out..
That was my thought too. But moving the in/out wires fixed it right up. Didn’t realize how noisy the bucket brigade chips were. Thanks.

Thank you that fixed it right up. I usually run my in/out wires under the pcb for the center. I’m gonna have to rethink that for effects like this. I’ll post pics soon.
Awesome. In retrospect, glad you deciphered my fat thumberism.
It's not abad idea to use shielded wire for anything that has a clock, analog or digital.
You also want to avoid any charge pumps or voltage regulators. There's switching there as well.
Happy it and you are happy. Go make some noise.

Awesome. In retrospect, glad you deciphered my fat thumberism.
It's not abad idea to use shielded wire for anything that has a clock, analog or digital.
You also want to avoid any charge pumps or voltage regulators. There's switching there as well.
Happy it and you are happy. Go make some noise.
When i first built it I was using relay bypass and I occasionally have some some sound issues. So I thought that was it. I'll try it in the next one with wires run to the side and hope there's no noise cuz I really prefer relay bypass. I designed my own pcbs for standard footswitches and adapting arcade buttons that fully light up! It's amazing!

Back