Caesar Chorus - fix low freq roll off

barryjive

I’m loving my Caesar Chorus, but when the blend is turned towards full vibrato, there is a noticeable low frequency roll off happening. There is no roll off when the blend is turned towards dry.

Am I right in thinking changing C4 to something like 10nF would help remedy that roll off? Or am I way off?

Thanks

Do you mean when the "blend knob" is turned towards full wet vs dry? There is no "vibrato" setting per se. The toggle switch will give you some very modest and subtle wave shape changes.

I think it's the nature of the beast when full wet signal to have a little low end roll off. Try this: Turn the blend to full wet, then back off the "Depth" knob to about 11 o clock and you'll see some of that low end come back.

Yes, I do mean when the blend knob is turn towards full wet. I'm getting a small amount of roll-off even when the depth knob is turned all the way down (resulting in no effect, essentially). If that's to be expected, that's fine. It's not a huge problem, and it's certainly not enough to say that anything is "wrong" with the pedal. Just a preference thing.

My question is more about how I might address that roll-off in the circuit. From my limited research and even-more-limited understanding of this circuitry, it seems like C4 might be a place to fiddle with things. I'll probably socket it and try a few different options, but wondered if anyone else has done this type of thing.

Thanks!

Yes, I do mean when the blend knob is turn towards full wet. I'm getting a small amount of roll-off even when the depth knob is turned all the way down (resulting in no effect, essentially). If that's to be expected, that's fine. It's not a huge problem, and it's certainly not enough to say that anything is "wrong" with the pedal. Just a preference thing.

My question is more about how I might address that roll-off in the circuit. From my limited research and even-more-limited understanding of this circuitry, it seems like C4 might be a place to fiddle with things. I'll probably socket it and try a few different options, but wondered if anyone else has done this type of thing.

Thanks!
Good luck and let us know what you're experiments yield!

Back