Caesar chorus ticking

nhannah672

Built the Caesar chorus tonight and it works perfectly other than super annoying loud ticking caused by the lfo I assume. Took the rate led off just to see if that was the issue but it's still unreasonably loud. Any suggestions on how to fix this ?

Built the Caesar chorus tonight and it works perfectly other than super annoying loud ticking caused by the lfo I assume. Took the rate led off just to see if that was the issue but it's still unreasonably loud. Any suggestions on how to fix this ?
Show us your wiring. That is often the cause of ticking in verified modulation circuits.

I am afraid I can't help you because my Julia clone does the same thing, I even tried to move the input and output wires but it still ticks. But if I put the pedal in the chain the ticking disappears

I'm a beginner so just know this is some wisdom I came across while doing research on my failed build of the Caesar. It's still sitting in a shit pile waiting to be revived some day.

But what I did stumble across was that for ticking it helps a lot to move the 2 long wires that connect the foot switch to the I/O jacks as far away from the board as possible.

That's all I've got!

I had the ticking. But mine was only noticed when in "bypass". The moment you turn the effect on, the ticking went gone.
Solved it using shielded in and out cables from the jacks, grounding the shielding in ONE END OF THE CABLE, ONLY.
Usually the ground lug of the in/out jacks.
Hope this helps.

Back