Caesar issues

Kyle004

Hey guys just coming back from a building hiatus. Having some issues with this caesar build. Attached are pics. I have by pass sound and i have sound with pedal on but only if blend nob is turned all the way up ( its acting like a volume knob. The by pass light is working but the rate light dosent work. The trim pot kills it if its too far up or down. I know thats alot of info hopefully it helps image_67505921.JPG

Attachments

• image_50438145.JPG
    image_50438145.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
Can we get pictures of the other side, does this happen in and out of an enclosure? What does your foot switch look like? Also you make want more than electrical tape backing the pot.

It sounds like you have a few problems going on. If the mix knob isn’t passing signal CCW, your dry line is dropping out somewhere. The rate LED is part of the LFO block. Finally, the trimmer sets the bias for the BBD. Have you followed any sort of calibration procedure?

I would start with a close and thorough inspection of your components and the installation. If that checks out, we can move onto next steps.

Where did you get your chips, and you may have an issue with the led’s I believe the clear have a might a higher forward voltage than a diffused but I will differ that question to someone more familiar with the circuit, I’ve only built it once.

Where did you get your chips, and you may have an issue with the led’s I believe the clear have a might a higher forward voltage than a diffused but I will differ that question to someone more familiar with the circuit, I’ve only built it once.
i got the chip from a few different places. one is from cabin tech and the others are probably from stompbox parts or guitar pedal parts i got them a while ago cant really rememeber

update: ive reflowed and now the blend pot only kills the pedal at about "90 percent on" once you turn it down past that it is like an off on switch if that makes sense

ic pin voltages
ic 1
1- .373v
2- .374v
3- .374v
4- -9.4v
5- .37v
6- .37v
7- .37v
8- .75v

ic2
1- 6v
2- 6v
3- 6v
4- -9.3v
5- 6v
6- 6v
7- 6v
8- 9.1v

ic3
1 -9.4v
2- 0v
3- 5.2v
4- .713v
5- .5v
6- .76v
7- 0v
8- 0v

ic4
1- .76v
2- .76v
3- -9.4v
4- -9.4v
5- .6v
6- -9.1v
7- .7v
8- .6v

I just built this last week. Check out my numbers here:

You need to be consistent. Place your black (common) lead at a GND point and probe with the red lead.
I am being consistant those values really are that wack. If its Negative voltage(gnd) that should be there i just referanced ( put black lead on) the positive in to the board to read it correctly all those values are just that all over the place

There should be no negative DC voltage anywhere on the PCB.

You should have the negative (black) lead on a ground point (- pad, GND pad, or sleeve of 1/4" jack) for all voltage measurements.

Back