Can I use a 3PDT Breakoutboard on this PCB?

Barnshart

A friend of mine bought this at a bands merch table the other day. I've got all the components soldered up at this point, but this is the first PCB im attempting that isn't made by PedalPCB.

Ive been using the 3PDT breakout boards for all my builds, so this is new to me. And....i'm a bit lost. Could somebody please either tell me how to wire this up using a breakout board, or could somebody direct me to a wiring diagram to wire up my own 3PDT to the pads on this PCB?

Im also a bit confused about where I would install an LED on this. Im seeing LED solder pads on the bottom row of connections, but I assume those go to the 3PDT and not an LED directly into it. So if anybody has any input id reallllllly appreciate it.

frjfhfh.JPG

Attachments

• Lowheaven Manual.pdf
    254.6 KB · Views: 16
There’s no place for an onboard led on that PCB as far as I can tell. If you use one of the PPCB 3pdt daughterboards that has the led and CLR included (this) you can wire it up with each pad on the daughterboard corresponding to the corresponding pad on the PCB with the exception of the middle two, which would need to be swapped. If you use just the regular 3pdt ppcb daughterboard, you’ll need to wire the LED offboard

There’s no place for an onboard led on that PCB as far as I can tell. If you use one of the PPCB 3pdt daughterboards that has the led and CLR included (this) you can wire it up with each pad on the daughterboard corresponding to the corresponding pad on the PCB with the exception of the middle two, which would need to be swapped. If you use just the regular 3pdt ppcb daughterboard, you’ll need to wire the LED offboard
Could you point me in the direction of a wiring diagram for offboard LED wiring? I have the standard 3PDT breakout boards, not the one you linked to. Thank you in advance!

You'll need both the CLR and LED offboard, so it's kind of awkward to use the basic breakout board. I agree with Harry that you should use the one with a CLR and LED onboard, like this one:

As to wiring diagram, every build doc has one. The breakout board traces follow the exact same wiring.
1703886445708.png

"LOWHEAVEN" sounds like something I'd be interested in.
From FeedBackReigns Electronics. NOW I'm definitely interested!

Hmm build doc has no schematic, and the 3PDT wiring — that'll never work!

LOWHEAVEN 3PDT WIRING 2023-12-29 .png

Hmmm further snooping at the BOM: dual TL072s, GAIN, VOL HIGHS LOWS and a BLEND!

Hmm colour me definitely interested!

Any more info/demos/website...?

Hmmm only a Reddit thread.

Okay, so a band put this out.

Hope you're able to put up a demo when you've got it all sussed!

"LOWHEAVEN" sounds like something I'd be interested in.
From FeedBackReigns Electronics. NOW I'm definitely interested!

Hmm build doc has no schematic, and the 3PDT wiring — that'll never work!

View attachment 64436

Hmmm further snooping at the BOM: dual TL072s, GAIN, VOL HIGHS LOWS and a BLEND!

Hmm colour me definitely interested!

Any more info/demos/website...?

Hmmm only a Reddit thread.

Okay, so a band put this out.

Hope you're able to put up a demo when you've got it all sussed!
I've got it up and running now with a little help from some folks on Reddit!

Very fun pedal. I've been told by the band that it's a molded Boss OS-2 with a clean blend. Can't say I've ever played an OS-2 before, but it's a surprisingly clean and clear overdrive.

I assumed I'd be getting something super filthy based on the bands music, but I'm assuming if they do use these they are probably diming the volume and pummeling an already dirty amp so it makes sense.

Surprisingly good EQ on this thing, and I'm really liking the clean blend at around 75%. Obviously it let's a bit of your clean sound through and that's super nice. Big chorus sound full and clear at the same time.

Back