Can someone help me understand the Capacitor values on these pcbs?

drgonzo1969

So I recently went down the rabbit hole of having pcbs fabricated by jlcpcb. I had some random stuff fabricated I found on pcbway and osh park shared projects. However, one of the pcb makers uses different capacitor numbers than I am used too. Can someone help me understand these values? I will post a photo of the pcbs and a link to the schematic. thanks in advance!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    495.6 KB · Views: 41
Sorry about the derailing. but I am curious how this circuit can make any sound, seeing how the input goes straight into Vb and then through a 47uF cap to ground...

That 47uF doesn't belong on VB, it should just be the 100K voltage divider biasing the opamp with no filter cap to ground.

I'd much rather keep the cap and just add an input inpedance-setting resistor between pin 3 and Vb instead. And why even have both Vb and Vc? One is enough for both opamps. Weird circuit... I could keep going.

Ya, all the grounds are just connected together, which is fine. Keeping the rest of the copper doesn’t do anything really other than it going down the drain in the production process and making more work for the designer.

They do actually recover the copper from solution and reuse it for copper deposition on other boards. Unconnected (isolated) copper islands on a PCB are not normally ok. They can make nice little antennas for picking up interference, and would not pass DRC in a PCB design tool.

Here is both sides of pcb.

image.jpg image (1).jpg

All of the islands that I oh-so-prettily colorized should be connected together and to ground. Left floating, they make the circuit perform worse than if they weren't there at all. Parasitic coupling between sections, noise pickup etc. On the other hand, if grounded as they should be, they might make the circuit immune enough to outside noise that you can get away with using it in an unshielded plastic enclosure.

So many little puzzling things in this design... Why, for instance, did they use two TL071s and not a single 072 instead?

Back