SOLVED Can someone please help me troubleshoot a Virgil overdrive?

aetguitars

Hi. I built a Virgil Overdrive and everything works except that the gain pot doesn't change anything at all. I tested the pot and it seems to be good.
Can someone help me troubleshoot?
Thanks!

2023-06-20 22.41.29.jpg

Is your issue that its always quite gainy? There isn't a schematic for this project yet, but I believe this may be the minimum gain resistor and its 100k rather than 10k.

1687325093399.png

It's always hard to tell in pictures especially on these blue resistors, but I thought his had a red band and yours had an orange one, either way if theres no gain then that's not your problem. I'd check for continuity across these spots, I'm not 100% sure if the traces are right as I'm not sure how much the store picture reflects the actual traces, the 220n one would be tricky and have to pull the board so I'd do that last. 1687326550991.png

It's always hard to tell in pictures especially on these blue resistors, but I thought his had a red band and yours had an orange one, either way if theres no gain then that's not your problem. I'd check for continuity across these spots, I'm not 100% sure if the traces are right as I'm not sure how much the store picture reflects the actual traces, the 220n one would be tricky and have to pull the board so I'd do that last. View attachment 50845
Yeah, I have continuity on all those spots. 🤔

Back