Canadians ordering from Tayda, what shipping service do you use?

Ok this is pretty damn funny and completely not SBP’s fault. I bought some parts to complete my @fig - funded PPCB boards.

Part of what’s funny is I live in Toronto. Not actually that far from SBP - maybe 600 km or so? Anyway … reverse chronological order pasted from USPS tracking.

On Its Way to USPS

Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item

CAROL STREAM, IL 60197
November 12, 2022, 7:11 am
Shipping Partner: GlobalPost

Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item

CAROL STREAM, IL 60199
November 12, 2022, 6:10 am

CAROL STREAM, IL 60199
November 12, 2022, 1:11 am

ORLANDO, FL 32824
November 9, 2022, 3:45 am

MID FLORIDA, FL 32799
November 9, 2022, 2:38 am

MID FLORIDA, FL 32799
November 9, 2022, 1:31 am

CAROL STREAM, IL 60199
November 8, 2022, 12:05 pm

AURORA, IL 60502
November 8, 2022, 8:12 am

GRAND RAPIDS, MI 49512
November 8, 2022, 5:07 am

GRAND RAPIDS, MI 49512
November 7, 2022, 9:57 pm

HOLLAND, MI 49423
November 7, 2022, 5:21 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item

HOLLAND, MI 49423
November 7, 2022, 12:07

My order of pots and components I used DHL, $20in fees and $40ish in HST. Total cost of shipping and tax: $63 Canadian. If you max out the Thailand post option it is about $60 ish just for shipping and you’ll probably get a cbsa fee of $10 and tax plus duties they determine. I can’t see the benefit of the regular post option over DHL’s $1 shipping option.

About to place my first Tayda order in a while and shipping is up to $60 for Thailand Post, which used to be my go-to before it got more expensive. Any Canadians ordered recently using DHL or Fedex? Curious if it's worth trying my luck with duties/fees, as I imagine it might be similar in cost, but faster at least.

Though I did see the posts about DHL charging more for more line items, which sucks.
(Mods, feel free to delete/merge, whatever my other thread if we want to keep things clean, as it seems us Canucks ask this question frequently.)

About to place my first Tayda order in a while and shipping is up to $60 for Thailand Post, which used to be my go-to before it got more expensive. Any Canadians ordered recently using DHL or Fedex? Curious if it's worth trying my luck with duties/fees, as I imagine it might be similar in cost, but faster at least.

Though I did see the posts about DHL charging more for more line items, which sucks.
(Mods, feel free to delete/merge, whatever my other thread if we want to keep things clean, as it seems us Canucks ask this question frequently.)
I ordered 100 pot covers and a couple dozen 1/4 jacks about a month ago. Thailand Post. Took a month. No duty assessed.

all usd: $15.80 for merch, $12.98 s&h. $28.78 total. Ordered April 29, received a few days ago. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I ordered 100 pot covers and a couple dozen 1/4 jacks about a month ago. Thailand Post. Took a month. No duty assessed.

all usd: $15.80 for merch, $12.98 s&h. $28.78 total. Ordered April 29, received a few days ago. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Oh yeah, I don't expect duties on Thailand Post, but didn't expect it to be $60 either, so I was curious if other Canadians have found luck with the couriers, as at least then I'd get the parts quickly. I'm just scared of all their hidden and increasing fees.

I've answered in your other post. Stay clear of dhl in canada and surprises will be minimal.
Thanks! Yeah DHL seems like a nightmare these days. (Apologies for the extra thread---making a new one seemed like a good idea at the time).

I have done the DDP with DHL ordering from other places before, not sure if you can do it with tayda ordering to Canada. Basically took my JLCPCB order from $60 in shipping + $40-50 in import fees to $70 in shipping+duties paid upfront.

I have done the DDP with DHL ordering from other places before, not sure if you can do it with tayda ordering to Canada. Basically took my JLCPCB order from $60 in shipping + $40-50 in import fees to $70 in shipping+duties paid upfront.
No DDP option for me, just warnings of extra duties/fees (or Thailand Post).

Going to do some more math on options and maybe change the order up a little to get just what I need right now.

piggybacking on this thread, but wondering what i should expect when it comes to tracking a package using Thailand Post to Canada? I ordered something May 12th and the last tracking update was May 15 (The transport departed from transit airport). Will Canada Post eventually get the package and I’ll be able to track it there, or is it just going to show up at my place at some point?

I've used Thaliland Post to Canada Post twice iirc, and both times it took 2+ mos for the package to arrive and tracking updates were few and far between.

Thanks! Yeah DHL seems like a nightmare these days. (Apologies for the extra thread---making a new one seemed like a good idea at the time).
It's quite offtopic for a thread about Canada, but FWIW the DHL Express is very good to Finland, it's cheap and fast, and in my country customs don't depend on the shipping provider so that's no issue.
piggybacking on this thread, but wondering what i should expect when it comes to tracking a package using Thailand Post to Canada? I ordered something May 12th and the last tracking update was May 15 (The transport departed from transit airport). Will Canada Post eventually get the package and I’ll be able to track it there, or is it just going to show up at my place at some point?
FWIW I've found 17track.net to be the best site for tracking packages, for example with my newest PPCB order it knows to look for both USPS and also the Finnish post, while I didn't get any messages about it being with the Finnish post already - so I would have just had to check both sites for the newest info.

However, if it doesn't show any more progress on 17track then I think you will just have to wait.

Tracking is not provided by post canada on many cheaper options for shipping, so we lost track of them when they leave the country of origin.

For me, it's about 3 weeks to receive intl shipping not using ups, fedex or express options. I'm in the greater montreal area.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I just got my package today (Toronto area); shipped May 12th from Tayda using Thai mail and last shipment update was the 15th. Today it was delivered by Canada Post with no other updates, also no extra taxes or brokerage fees.

Looks like we have to suck up the extra time it takes for not getting shafted with fees. I can work with that! Paying almost the same as the good in fees (not taxes!!) is just daylight robbery in my opinion.

Back