Can't find a post/tutorial

phantom

When I first started looking around here I came across a post of a pedal being assembled, and in what order components are put on the board. I can not for the life of me find it now. I have tried the beach function but with no luck.
It started with installing pots first I believe. I am more familiar with automotive sites.
Thank you

I would normally do pots last.

Stuff on the board goes in size order - smallest to largest height. Resistors first, working up to electrolytic caps. I like to mount the pots in the enclosure, then solder to the board so I know they're lined up nice to my drill holes.

Jason at Fuzzlord effects has some good videos on the basic steps of putting a pedal together. I think the height order thing is pretty standard, but one of his videos was the first place I saw it mentioned.

When I first started looking around here I came across a post of a pedal being assembled, and in what order components are put on the board. I can not for the life of me find it now. I have tried the beach function but with no luck.
It started with installing pots first I believe. I am more familiar with automotive sites.
Thank you
Was this it?

Back