Captain Bit- Low Level Distortion

Just finished up the Captain Bit build and testing on the auditorium board. I have signal passing, but its LOW level and only distorted. Seems that the pots have zero effect on the output signal. Looked over my solder joints, components, etc. and nothing standing out. About to get the probe out and see if I can track it down, but wanted to see if anyone has run into something similar. Thanks in advance.

Given comments from a couple of other builders saying they have a similar issue, that might be the case. If so, it will be great if you can nail down an easy fix for everyone. The sounds you were getting from the middle lug on your A100K pot sounded like what you should be getting at the output.
Yeah, as discussed, I think its a matter wiring from leg 2 of the A100k directly to 3PDT or breakout board. Outside of that, dunno.

I've built three of these recently, and have had absolutely no issues. If I have time today, I can whip another on the latest boards I've received to see if there's an issue

I don't have any of the PCBs here at the moment to verify, but as soon as the next batch arrives I'll definitely check them.

There have been no modifications to the PCB in almost two years, it should be a straight shot from lug 2 of the A100K to the OUT pad, no breaks and nothing in between to interfere.

Do you have a pic of the bottom of your PCB by any chance?

Also, is your board glossy or matte finish? That would help determine the batch and which fabricator it came from.

I don't have any of the PCBs here at the moment to verify, but as soon as the next batch arrives I'll definitely check them.

There have been no modifications to the PCB in almost two years, it should be a straight shot from lug 2 of the A100K to the OUT pad, no breaks and nothing in between to interfere.

Also, is your board glossy or matte finish? That would help determine the batch and which fabricator it came from.
Pics on 1st page of thread. Thanks for digging in. I'm perplexed

It looks like the matte finish.

Back