Chemistry Degree + Rare Pedal = Cornish P2 Build

Fingolfen

As I'd indicated in a previous post, I like BMP variants. I also like Cornish Pedals, but actually affording a Pete Cornish original is another matter entirely. I've got some boards that will let me do a few of his builds, but I couldn't find one of the P2. Effects Layouts to the rescue! He has a (what everyone believes is) a Cornish P2 layout on his site. I have a chemistry degree and had done photo etching for model kits in the past. So... you can see where this is going...

Photo Etching - 06.jpg

I etched out both the main board and his trace of the Cornish bypass and proceeded to populate. I'm using 1% metal film resistors, a mix of Panasonic and WIMA film capacitors, 1N4148 diodes and the transistors are BC549C (Q1) and MPSA18 (Q2-5).

EL Cornish P2 with Bypass - 01.jpg

The board is set up with alternate configurations for some of the capacitors as well as some extra grounding holes.

The bypass board includes holes to directly solder in the stomp switch:

EL Cornish P2 with Bypass - 02.jpg

I put one of the electrolytics on the bottom side of the board, but as I had my orientation backwards, I could have left it on the front

Low-res EL Cornish P2 with Bypass - 04.jpg

The enclosure evokes the original... with some dino mayhem added...

Low-res EL Cornish P2 with Bypass - 05.jpg

More at the blog...

A Steg-goring effort!

My nephew's been hooked on Dinosaurs since he was two, he's 6 now and his favourite is still the T-rex;
anyway, if I show him your builds, maybe I can get him into pedal-building...

Back