Chop Shop and Ash Device (Black Ash Fuzz)

Preverb

I probably should have read the forums a bit more and ordered the extra trimpots for the ChopShop. I only played it for a few minutes but noticed the same things that others mentioned (ie., Sag didn't make a big difference and it doesn't go completely clean). Will have to look through the build posts and see if anyone modded it so it could go clean all the way. For the biasing bit, I realized I have 2 multimeters that are both back in Canada. Might try to finish some of the other builds and troubleshoot the Symbolic OD before I get into modding the ChopShop.

The Black Ash was a pcbguitarmania PCB. I used a pre-drilled Tayda enclosure and UV print. It required a bit of messing around since their PCB layout isn't the same as the typical PedalPCB 3 knob layout. I think the UV print turned out pretty cool even though I didn't round the corners. I had some issues with the power jack but otherwise seems pretty good. I probably wouldn't order those knobs again. After screwing them in once, I took them off to troubleshoot and then they wouldn't catch when screwing in the 2nd time. The screw is metal but there is no metal nut so the plastic looses all grip pretty quickly.

CHOPSHOP.jpg
Black Ash Fuzz.jpg

Back