Cleaver/Katana Trimpot questions

Anansi

Really new to building pedals (just started the past few months) and I was hoping to get some answers regarding the Cleaver boost and the trimpots.

I'm confused with the through holes that are around the trimpot are. I thought that 3362p's only have 3 legs?

But from the board design I see 3 extra ones (2 underneath where the trimpot goes and 1 above it)

1720115832228.png

What is the red one for? Is that for using a voltmeter?
Also, do I need to find a 3362p that has 5 legs for these 2 (green) through holes? Or do I just ignore those?
To use the bias trimpots, do I have to bias each side to 9v?

Thank you very much for your answers!

Yes, they are bias test points that make it easier to adjust the bias on the jfet collector. Bias them to half the supply voltage (18v supply in this case so yeah 9v) as a general rule.

The 5 pads are so you can use 3362p or the other style of trimmers as they have different footprints, the bottom 2 rows of pads are connected.

Yes, they are bias test points that make it easier to adjust the bias on the jfet collector. Bias them to half the supply voltage (18v supply in this case so yeah 9v) as a general rule.

The 5 pads are so you can use 3362p or the other style of trimmers as they have different footprints, the bottom 2 rows of pads are connected.
Thank you very much for clarifying!

Back