Collateral FX Black Hole Sunn

Guilherme Collateral

This one is based on the Coda Black Hole, a Sunn model T emulator. I'm really, really pleased with how this one came out, but there's a catch with the layout (that messed up with my wiring), let's see if anyone spots it! My OCD is screaming inside my head but I think I'll survive hahaha

blackholesunnout.jpg
blackholesunnin.jpg

That looks great! I really like the enclosures you’ve been using.

What’s going on with the LEDs? Is there a recess with a hole in the bottom? Or is there a clear lens there? Hard to tell from the picture, but it looks very slick whatever it is.

That looks great! I really like the enclosures you’ve been using.

What’s going on with the LEDs? Is there a recess with a hole in the bottom? Or is there a clear lens there? Hard to tell from the picture, but it looks very slick whatever it is.

Thanks a lot man! I'm really enjoying the enclosures too, specially the fact that they come laser cut - and that's what's going on with the LEDs, you got it! It's a recess with a hole in the bottom.

Great looking build! Love that folded metal enclosure. So what’s up with those 3 trimpots that appear to be on their side?

Thanks a lot! The side mounted trimpots are for the jfet biasing, the flat one is the boost. I think the side mounted ones will make it harder for the final user to (literally) screw with the jfet biasing when trying to adjust the gain boost. As a side effect, is REALLY SUCKS for me when adjusting the bias 🥲

Back