Combo Fuzz Pedal

JamesWheeler

Hi All.

Just wanted to get some advice from those on this forum who are far wiser than I am.

I'd like to put the sunflower fuzz and the muffin fuzz in one 1590BB enclosure. I'd like to be able to run them of the same 9v Source and have them on separate foot switches but be able to stack them if need. Similar the king of tone and other dual pedal set ups. A sort of combo fuzz pedal if you will.

Firstly, Is this doable? What extra steps do I need to take? does anyone have some resources on how I should go about wiring the power and foot switches and in out jacks.

TIA

Wheeler

As projects go, I think this one would be fairly simple.

You can bridge the power easily, and I think most fuzzes could run on bridged power without problems. PedPCB sells a power break out here: https://www.pedalpcb.com/product/dcbreakout/

Unless you want to be able to change the order of the fuzzes, you could just run the output of one into the input of the other. Most of the circuits here have true bypass, so turning one off effectively takes it out of the circuit.

If you DO want to change the order of effects, there's a discussion here about it.

Double check that both boards will fit in a BB before you commit to anything. Some folks use XX size for double builds since it’s more like 2 full single pedals, whereas the BB is kinda like 1.5.

Double check that both boards will fit in a BB before you commit to anything. Some folks use XX size for double builds since it’s more like 2 full single pedals, whereas the BB is kinda like 1.5.

Also take into account knob, switch and jack placement. It's not enough to be able to cram two boards in, you also have to get everything else in there and have a decent front panel layout. A scale drawing takes time, but reduces the risk of screw-ups.

Back