3-in-1 combo 1590bb

kristopher

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
A Trumpeter, Squidward, MOSFET Boost (GuitarPCB).
‘‘Twas a smooth build. Someday I’ll start labeling them.
Just a little combo I put together. I rearranged my board and needed these three circuits, in a 1590bb.
Then after about a month, and another rearrangement of my board. I went back to my last 3/1 combo. A Foundry/Squidward/MOSFET Boost. In a 125b.
The Trumpeter and the Foundry have some fun similarities, with their tweakability. I suggest building the Trumpeter if you enjoy noise fuzz, with lower octave glitch, that can clean up with the volume knob.
As always I tested them out with my DCBrick, before figuring out how they’ll fit in the box.
Anyway. Happy solstice.

Attachments

• AE5F47BA-71AC-477D-8367-914C85164FB6.jpeg
    AE5F47BA-71AC-477D-8367-914C85164FB6.jpeg
    507.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 5ECA101A-60A6-462D-9A85-BD11DAD913B0.jpeg
    5ECA101A-60A6-462D-9A85-BD11DAD913B0.jpeg
    539.6 KB · Views: 72
  • BC88323E-7CF4-49E2-A423-CD370ED23FBD.jpeg
    BC88323E-7CF4-49E2-A423-CD370ED23FBD.jpeg
    570.8 KB · Views: 72
Hi, very cool pedal and build!

I'm still trying to wrap my head around a lot of this, so much appreciation if you could answer some questions. How is the order of pedals set up? Meaning how are they put in whatever order of operation?
I see you have the inputs routed to each circuit at the same time, doesn't this lower the level or voltage of signal coming in?
Also, the same 9v jack doesn't have issues powering normal circuits?
Much thanks for any help!

The order is: Trumpeter, into the Squidward, into the Mosfet boost.
I usually build them, unboxed, and test them out to see how they interact together.
In this case, the fuzz, like most fuzzes sounded best being first. The Squidward is a wonderful circuit, that adds a touch of nasty to the fuzz, or works well on its own. And I like the boost after a fuzz. But it can go first, depending on your taste.
I didn’t notice, by ear, any signal loss, having the ins and outs routed together.
And I have yet to have any phase issues powering the circuits through the same 9v power input. But I usually test that with alligator clips to be safe. Because I have had phase issues with combo builds, with other pcb company’s boards. Mixing Pedalpcb, guitarpcb, madbean. But that may be coincidence, and specific to certain circuits.

I just realized that I forgot to mention that, in the photo of the gut shot, the order of the boards is a bit different. The switches of the Trumpeter are mounted to the pcb, the pots are wired. So the Trumpeter is in the middle.
I hope that helps.

Back