Comprehensive Drive

Brett

I used a Tayda 125B in Ball Silver with their UV printing service. Single-pass white, color, and gloss varnish on top.

My experience with the Ball Silver finish from Tayda:
It's delicate. You can see in the image where things like rubber-faced clamps (I used during drilling) left visible and noticeable marks on the enclosure's face. I love the way that the Ball Silver looks, but I'm not sure if I'd go this route again due to its fragility.

How it sounds:
This drive is unlike most and the description of amp-like seems to be very accurate. The bass response is full, the dynamics are incredible, and this one is definitely going to be sticking around. You owe it to yourself to try this one out, it's like truly (finally) having a second channel on my Ceriatone JM100.

IMG_1168.jpg IMG_1146.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great, sweet build!
My experience with the ball silver is similar, it seems very easily scractched, it does look good, but I probably won't use it again for that reason.

Looks great, sweet build!
My experience with the ball silver is similar, it seems very easily scractched, it does look good, but I probably won't use it again for that reason.
Thank you @cooder, this was my first go with Tayda and the UV printing process. I was very pleased with the results (considering the cost) but I don't know that I will use the ball silver or the matte black sand again. The matte black sand seems like a very durable finish, but the UV printing in areas close to the potentiometer fasteners actually peeled off when buttoning everything up.

Back