Happy Stomps SSS Overdrive /Kings Hand Overdrive

182julien44

Long time lurker, first time poster lol. My native language is french, pardon any grammar or spelling mistakes.

PXL_20231017_174233561.jpg

Here's a PCB that I had for about two years, that I finaly decided to complete. I didn't finished it before because I coudn't get my hands on ba282 diodes. I didn't wanted to spend $20 on shipping for "magic" diodes and I would always set the project for later because I didn't have those. I decided to use 1n914 and get it done with. I, honestly' couldn't be happier. I honestly forgot what this circuit is based out of but, to my ears, it sounds like a clearer TS-Type overdrive.

My only Issue is the enclosure finish. I used Tayda's "Chromium" finish and it isn't really durable. I was hoping that it would be a bit tougher then "Ball Silver" but it isn't really. It already has a couple of scratches and I've been really careful with it.

PXL_20231017_174256165.jpg

Now for the gut shot, you may notice the hot glue around the DC jack and the LED. Maybe two years ago, when I started giging post covid, I always had problems with the DC jacks of my pedals coming loose. One day, I decided to them one to see what would happen and it never came loose again. So now I'm always gluing the DC jacks and if it ever needs to be taken off, hot glue is easy to take off. As for the LED, I feel more secure with the bezel being glued.

I might post a demo if your are interested!

Cheers!

Back