Conqueror fuzz

Harry Klippton

Absolutely cursed build here. I didn't set out to build this circuit exactly. See this thread for more details. Looks like I have @Feral Feline to thank for this build.

I phoned it in real hard on the graphic since I had to switch enclosures and I just wanted to get this over with. I do like the silver foil on white, ever since I used it on some leprechaun builds a year ago. I also couldn't use the knobs I had initially picked out because the pointers hung over the edges in an unacceptable way. I'm not sure if the current knobs will stay on but that's what I'm working with for now.

The best part of this build is that I think it sounds really cool and useable. I'll probably keep it around for a while. In the little time I've played around with it, I've found lots of unique but usable tones. Not sure that it actually qualifies as a fuzz for me but I like it nonetheless
1000001921.jpg 1000001922.jpg 1000001920.jpg

killer job on the silver foil, and the purple wire
giphy.gif

Immaculate work on the enclosure. Agree that the foil on white is absolutely gorgeous.

Sorry to hear about the struggles, but glad you made out alright with the thing in the end. I've gone off on those enclosures, so I'm with you there.

Love to hear a demo of this, too! Great work

killer job on the silver foil, and the purple wire
giphy.gif
The purple wire is about to run out and then I'm on to "the wire we have at home" 😑
The silver foil is awesome looking! Sunnyscoopa?
Yup
Immaculate work on the enclosure. Agree that the foil on white is absolutely gorgeous.

Sorry to hear about the struggles, but glad you made out alright with the thing in the end. I've gone off on those enclosures, so I'm with you there.

Love to hear a demo of this, too! Great work
I plan on adding a demo soon

That's one classy build my dude!
Yeah, I had the problem of the pointers overhanging on my build (Davies 1400), but the person who commissioned it was fine with it.
You're right, it does have unique, but usable tone. All in all, it's a really nice sounding pedal and I should revisit it down the line.
Small silver knobs would definitely compliment the foil.

Killer build! The graphics look tight! Glad to see you’ve finally found peace with this build 😂

That first pic looks like @music6000 took it— the lighting and angle and all that.

Did you scale down the value of the 470u cap, or did you actually find one that fit somehow? That’s the one thing holding up my build since even though it’s just power filtering and totally unnecessary, I want to have it lol

Killer build! The graphics look tight! Glad to see you’ve finally found peace with this build 😂

That first pic looks like @music6000 took it— the lighting and angle and all that.

Did you scale down the value of the 470u cap, or did you actually find one that fit somehow? That’s the one thing holding up my build since even though it’s just power filtering and totally unnecessary, I want to have it lol
Sorry Nick. I don't have a clue where these caps came from. They're 7x10mm and are in a bag with a handwritten label.
1000001995.jpg
Edit: couple tayda links for you that might work

Absolutely cursed build here. I didn't set out to build this circuit exactly. See this thread for more details. Looks like I have @Feral Feline to thank for this build.

I phoned it in real hard on the graphic since I had to switch enclosures and I just wanted to get this over with. I do like the silver foil on white, ever since I used it on some leprechaun builds a year ago. I also couldn't use the knobs I had initially picked out because the pointers hung over the edges in an unacceptable way. I'm not sure if the current knobs will stay on but that's what I'm working with for now.

The best part of this build is that I think it sounds really cool and useable. I'll probably keep it around for a while. In the little time I've played around with it, I've found lots of unique but usable tones. Not sure that it actually qualifies as a fuzz for me but I like it nonetheless
View attachment 62391View attachment 62392View attachment 62393
That's a beautiful build.

I like the understated knobs. They don't distract from the super clean enclosure. Loving the metallic decals. Keep those coming.
I don't hate these knobs, but the all-white knobs just made it look so clean. I couldn't find any other all white knobs with no indicators

Wow man... Just hating on knobs. What did they do to you? 😂

I find myself buying a handful of knobs every order or two and then I end up spending about 30 minutes of precious build time just swapping knobs around. I'm about to call it quits on the job game and just be a real knob hater.

#nomoreknobs #klipptontaughtmetohateknobs
🥴🥴

Indeed I do not have a job

Back