Conqueror Supreme

giovanni

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
This is my first PPCB build. Besides a minor mess up with drilling the LED hole (see other post) and the transformer being a bit too tall (will fix it with a SmallBear light plate), the build went mostly flawlessly and the pedal worked right away. I had to remove the potentiometer covers for three of the pots to make room for the jack and power sockets.

The pedal sounds really amazing. I have a guitar with P90s which sounds a bit too dark to me and the pedal really made it shine in a way I was not expecting! It may become an always-on pedal for me.

Here are some pics. Forgive my industrial graphics, I am still debating what to do about graphics long term (decals? spray paint? acrylic art? laser engraving?) so for now I am just using my label maker.

conqueror_supreme_top.jpeg
conqueror_supreme_guts.jpeg

It looks great! What is it?

Edit: I see the Conquerer in the shop, but it's a different layout.

Last edited:
It looks great! What is it?

Edit: I see the Conquerer in the shop, but it's a different layout.
Conqueror supreme is the same as the conqueror but with some additional switcing. I noticed last week when I went to download the BOM for mine, that the name has been changed to the Mystery Machine

Conqueror supreme is the same as the conqueror but with some additional switcing. I noticed last week when I went to download the BOM for mine, that the name has been changed to the Mystery Machine
Ohh...thanks! I was going to look over the build doc..

Again, really nice build!

This is the build doc for the Conqueror Supreme.

The Mystery Machine is slightly different.
Ah! The PCB layout in the thumbnail for the Mystery Machine appeared to exactly match the conqueror supreme PCB. If it’s the accurate Castledine clone that you mentioned a while back in one of the other Conqueror Supreme threads, then I’m definitely gonna be all over that one too. You can never have too many SS-Vox styled pedals!

I noticed two things about this pedal: the original doesn’t allow switching out neither the distortion nor the filter; the eq and volume level when engaging the distortion is radically different so I don’t think switching it on/off on the fly makes much sense. In fact, the pedal barely gets unity gain with the distortion off and volume almost all the way up, plus I also have to dime the bass. I assume that’s all because the distortion section was designed to work with the preamp? Any thoughts on this?

Back