Cordyceps

Mentaltossflycoon

Ahhhhh. I am now complete-ish. Finally built a gig worthy ring mod. I've built a few of the simple ringers that are out there but nothing I'd ever use live. This, however is quite a bit more musical. The only tomfoolery I engaged in here was bending the b50k legs to get the big glittery knob further away from the toggle. I may look in to adding expression but so far I'm happy as a pig in shit with it built stock. The clean blend is essential for bass uses (obviously) and is a huge selling point for me but tone of the ring mod voice itself is just the right kind of grimey.

I almost housed this with a Parasit sonic reducer which was previously my favorite "similar use" effect but after a drill bit caught and threw this gorgeous limited edition lms devil's punchbowl box across my garage... I've reconsidered. I'll still put something in this cracked ass beat up BB.... but I couldn't put the Cordy in there. I think the pedal gods spanked me in return for my decadence.
Screenshot_20230515_012754.jpg

So I used this glow in the dark 125b on its own instead. I really enjoy how the uv purple led makes the hole glow super bright. Pretty cool finish.
Screenshot_20230515_011623.jpg Screenshot_20230515_011638.jpg Screenshot_20230515_011717.jpg
I stuck it directly under a light for a minute for this pic.
Screenshot_20230515_011703.jpg

@DGWVI lil bit of the quick 'n' dirty for you. I turned the clean down but it's still in there a little. Flipped the toggle up halfway through. Some foot twiddling trying to follow what I was playing. That's pretty hard to control but I'll get better at it eventually. I impulsively stepped on the Daydream delay at the end.

Because it's VERY important info- pbass w flats>cordyceps>daydream>equiluxe>ampeg pf500 in to a barefaced super twin cab. Recorded on a janky old Samsung s10.

@steviejr92 thanks. That knob was black with krylon glitter blast to go with the first enclosure. I didn't like it as much with the more colorful box but the knob is the perfect size so it got super duper glitter blasted as a last resort. Quite happy with the result, actually though it does feel like 60 grit sandpaper in the hand, lol.

Last edited:
Enclosure #2 looks awesome and it sounds great!
sorry to hear about #1..

Thanks for the sound clip- for some reason I was expecting it to sound a lot more like the Parasit Corruptor but it's definitely got its' own less-fuzzy thing going on.

Enclosure #2 looks awesome and it sounds great!
sorry to hear about #1..

Thanks for the sound clip- for some reason I was expecting it to sound a lot more like the Parasit Corruptor but it's definitely got its' own less-fuzzy thing going on.

I don't want to say that the corruptor is too fuzzy because I don't believe in the concept of "too fuzzy" but yeah, the cordyceps is like a sweet spot to me. Not that I won't build every single ring mod that appears in the new releases thread.

It really puts my judgemental ways in check since I wouldn't have touched a snarling dogs wah with a 10 ft. pole back when they were being made.

I love that someone started a pedal company called snarling dogs. But I definitely agree, when I saw an ad for a snarling dog product it was definitely a hard pass at the time.

Total opposite for me. I bought a Mold Spore within 15 minutes of discovering Snarling Dogs. I still want one again but I still can’t play wah. 😂

With this and your early instincts on the meatbox, it seems that you have had the right attitude all along. Similarly I turned my nose up at the sight of the beef fat marbling paint job. Now it's essential to my happiness.

@DGWVI here's another taste for you. This time I turned up the clean and used a pick which is not my usual approach. I wanted to show the articulation poking through the madness. I stepped on the cleric halfway through for more madness. Chain is pbass>cleric>cordyceps>equinox>amp

Listen to democordycepsandcleric by Mentaltossflycoon on #SoundCloud

Was it Snarling Dog who produced the Moaning Whore? No way in a million years would I buy a pedal with that name. I'm no namby-pamby politically correct person but that is disgusting. And Landmine pedals are also in extremely poor taste. I'd be perfectly happy with a pedal called the Decapitated Nun or the Castrato (maybe a good name for an octave up pedal?) but some guys just don't get it.

Love the paint jobs! Excellent.

Was it Snarling Dog who produced the Moaning Whore? No way in a million years would I buy a pedal with that name. I'm no namby-pamby politically correct person but that is disgusting. And Landmine pedals are also in extremely poor taste. I'd be perfectly happy with a pedal called the Decapitated Nun or the Castrato (maybe a good name for an octave up pedal?) but some guys just don't get it.

Love the paint jobs! Excellent.

Thanks! Castrati would've been a good one for the ljizard queen. I'm definitely a crass humorist myself but moaning whore just seems gratuitous.

You ever heard a castrati? There exists a recording of the last castrati. He's pretty old and the tech is antiquated but the practice extended far enough into modernity to capture it which is super crazy.

The lengths men go to to keep women out of stuff....

What does the trimpot do? I just built mine and I'm loving the way it sounds not having messed with it yet.

quick question on the trim pot: i bought some from stompboxparts.com and theyre 5K 3362P but ive noticed it only has 3 pins instead of the 5 like on the board. will that make a difference and do you know where i can get a 5pin trimpot if it does?

Back
Top Bottom