CrackleJack (1st build)

jpants

Since I already showed off my bad soldering skills in the troubleshooting thread I figured I should let you all admire my bad artwork as well. I was originally gonna leave it plain white which probably would have looked good with the marshall style knobs but after I labeled the knobs I ended up playing with the paint pens while watching TV and stopping myself before it got out of control. This is a first ever build for me and surely not the last. Thanks for all the support with the troubleshoot and especially to Chuck for straightening me out on my multimeter usage.

It's late here so I can't really play long and loud right now, but this thing made my testing amp with volume at 1 (orange crush bass 50) sound like a loud tube amp. So I can't wait to actually plug it into a tube amp tomorrow

craklejack.jpg cj-gutshot.jpg cj-baseplate.jpg

PCBs here are like crack... You'll get hooked before you know.

Great looking "brutalistic" and raw visual !

Congrats on your first build. It wont be your last. Lol

Thanks, definitely not the last one, that's for sure...I've got the parts to start a couple others right away but I feel a strong need spend a couple days actually playing guitar again before I jump into the next one. Probably should clean and org the work area a bit too. Next one I have with a nice low part count is cream pie fuzz, I'll probably start on that one this weekend

I think all of us can look back to that magic moment of getting some kind of altered sound out of the first successful pedal build.

Back