Daydream V2

I can't begin to tell you how excited I am about the new projects that are about to happen.

DIY digital is about to go to a whole new level. If you think the current FV-1 projects are cool, man, just wait.... :D

Oh yeah !!!! The hype is on !

Considered buying a Daisy Petal, but I’m holding out to see what you’ve cooked up.

Unless you want to develop your own algorithms it won't be much use, the algorithms for the projects here won't be directly compatible in their finished form. (Different control set / pinout / etc)

However, if you do want to develop your own algorithms it's a really nice platform to play with. Since the micro USB port is on the Daisy Seed module every Daisy-based PCB here will be it's own fully functional development platform for that particular control set.

The Petal has been excellent for learning to use the Daisy. It allowed me to dive right into the fun stuff without having to worry too much about the hardware initially, but once the dedicated PCBs start coming together I won't be using the Petal as much for development.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless you want to develop your own algorithms it won't be much use, the algorithms for the projects here won't be directly compatible in their finished form. (Different control set / pinout / etc)

However, if you do want to develop your own algorithms it's a really nice platform to play with. Since the micro USB port is on the Daisy Seed module every Daisy-based PCB here will be it's own fully functional development platform for that particular control set.

The Petal has been excellent for learning to use the Daisy. It allowed me to dive right into the fun stuff without having to worry too much about the hardware initially, but once the dedicated PCBs start coming together I won't be using the Petal as much for development.
That’s what I was thinking about. Developing my own algorithms. But I think I’ll start with the FV-1 bc i just got the dev board for that. Haven’t even built it yet. Also I’d be learning the code piece on the fly Bc I don’t know how to do that.

Will the Petal connect to your PCB design with two rows of the inline sockets? Or is that a standard size 40 pin DIP socket?

Will the Petal connect to your PCB design with two rows of the inline sockets? Or is that a standard size 40 pin DIP socket?

It would fit a standard 40-pin DIP socket but there will likely be components underneath the Daisy module, at least in the 125B format, so a socket probably won't fit the board in those cases.

I will not be surprised if your site will be a dominant player using this module for pedals. I am looking forward to seeing your PCB designs for this module. Are we likely to see an updated equivalent for the arachnid board, where multiple programs can use the same pedal layout? Looks like lots of other design options besides a 125B enclosure as well, especially since it can process stereo in and out.

The Daisy doesn't have integral support for multiple program banks like the FV-1, so any multi-effects have to be hard coded that way in the algorithm... for now anyway.

On the plus side, it has enough processing power to handle multiple effects simultaneously, so you will definitely be seeing some multi-effects in the near future. The negative to this is that initially there won't be an equivalent to the "Custom EEPROM Builder".

Similar to the FV-1 projects, there will be several general purpose PCBs that can be reused in different projects that share the same basic signal flow and control sets...

What I suspect you are going to see instead of a PCB that does a little bit of everything are PCBs that focus on and excel at particular tasks. Almost all of the specialized projects here (Daydream, DMD-2, HAARP, Hydra, Organ Donor, VHS, etc) are going to get super-powered overhauls in the near future... as well as the introduction of some new things that just couldn't happen before.

Almost all of the specialized projects here (Daydream, DMD-2, HAARP, Hydra, Organ Donor, VHS, etc) are going to get super-powered overhauls in the near future... as well as the introduction of some new things that just couldn't happen before.

WOAH! Very exciting

The Daisy doesn't have integral support for multiple program banks like the FV-1, so any multi-effects have to be hard coded that way in the algorithm... for now anyway.

On the plus side, it has enough processing power to handle multiple effects simultaneously, so you will definitely be seeing some multi-effects in the near future. The negative to this is that initially there won't be an equivalent to the "Custom EEPROM Builder".

Similar to the FV-1 projects, there will be several general purpose PCBs that can be reused in different projects that share the same basic signal flow and control sets...

What I suspect you are going to see instead of a PCB that does a little bit of everything are PCBs that focus on and excel at particular tasks. Almost all of the specialized projects here (Daydream, DMD-2, HAARP, Hydra, Organ Donor, VHS, etc) are going to get super-powered overhauls in the near future... as well as the introduction of some new things that just couldn't happen before.
I get some noticeable noise when using the modulation mode on the D3lay. Any chance that type of thing would be cleaner as a result of said “super-powered overhaul”?

Back