Decent power jack for the Arachnid

MaxDB54

Is this a decent power jack for the Arachnid? I want something quality but have seen comments on metal jacks shorting to the metal case with the outside metal barrel.

https://www.taydaelectronics.com/1614-19-lumberg-dc-power-socket.html

Data sheet

If this would be a problem any suggestions for a jack that mounts from the inside out with the nut like the metal one above?

I want to be able to test the PCB outside the enclosure and then install into the case.

The plastic ones seem cheap and the nut goes on the inside so it needs wired after the PCB is installed.

Plastic 2.1mm power jack

Thx!

OK so this one will work? Perfect!

Thanks for the quick reply!
Those Tayda ones are pretty standard for DC power. You do have to put the nut on the inside. So you will have to resolder the DC connection once you put in in an enclosure. But I’ve gotten so used to doing that now it will soon be normal troubleshooting if need be.
Good luck!

Those Tayda ones are pretty standard for DC power. You do have to put the nut on the inside. So you will have to resolder the DC connection once you put in in an enclosure. But I’ve gotten so used to doing that now it will soon be normal troubleshooting if need be.
Good luck!

Thanks for the heads up! I hope I bought the correct ones...the photo shows the nut on the outside?

Plastic 2.1mm power jack

1596495621182.png

Yeah those should work. I never find the nut on the outside. Congrats! I still don’t know the preference as to why most nuts are inside the enclose. I feel like it has to do with pulling on the plug but would love to hear someone with a better opinion!

Also check the drill diameter before drilling. The size for the stock PedalPCB DC Jack is the small version. A lot of them are a much larger barrel diameter. The small ones only have 2 poles as opposed to 3 on the larger jacks. But the small ones that have 2 prongs are able to fit the 3 way adapter PedalPCB makes. That’s perfect for any multi pedal build.

They’re about 1/2” drill size, they still fit in the regular drill scheme if you’re accurate! I prefer the ones with the nut on the outside as you can run your wires then twist it before you tighten it up.

Back