Deflector Stereo Mod

Steven711

Hey everyone. I built a Deflector a while back and it’s an amazing pedal. Can really work out some otherworldly sounds with this! I’m curious about a stereo mod for this. I’ve seen stereo mods on the Unison Double Tracker and other FV-1 circuits so I’m assuming it can easily be done. Would one just connect the 1K resistor and 1uf cap in series to pin one of IC1 like those other mods? Thanks for any help!

The Deflector Reverb does not easily lend itself for a stereo mod. The Deflector PCB is not the Pythagoras or Arachnid PCB platforms. The circuits' input signal goes into the FV-1 right input and the right output feeds into the FV-1 left input thru the "DEFLECT" (B50K) pot.

The Unison Double Tracker is built on the "Pythagoras" platform PCB and has the signal input going into both of the FV-1 input channels and out of the FV-1 left output; leaving the right output of the FV-1 just dangling. It is that dangling FV-1 right output of the Pythagoras that lends itself to a stereo mod.

IMO, the BEST option for doing a stereo Deflector build, would be to use two Deflector builds in a single enclosure, and use dual-ganged pots for the controls.

Back