Dizzy Elk Gets RAD!

SYLV9ST9R

Just me adding my build report to the numerous excellent ones popping in the last couple of weeks.

@peccary contacted me as he was getting the boards for his Dizzy Elk project and wanted some RAD 90s graphics for his build.
After sending me some images for inspiration, we settled on what became this: Get Rad! Dizzy Elk (story of project and OG build report)
So for mine, I revisited the colorway and chose a nice pastel pink enclosure, as I know Joe enjoys the pink/black combo. Plus just had to use some purple wiring to complete the build.

I was lucky enought that he sent me some NPN and a bunch of diodes. After trying many (and some BAT46 this morning), I settled on one that Joe had sent me, in the reversed position as Joe advised if I had gated sounds in the "right" position. Sounds great, brutal and cutting.
Now to reorganize and wire my board, it's been long overdue!

IMG_4301.jpg IMG_4303.jpg

Last edited:
QHVV2BQ.gif

I really like this build. Based on the recent ones these few months, and the audio demos, this circuit/board seems like something I should get in my queue. Nicely done!

I think yours looks Great, mine is coming from a different view til you turn it on & it goes Pow!
If everyone has the same idea it would get repetitive & lose the wow factor.
Definitely, was looking at all the Dizzy build and loved all of them. I want to try adding the trim it as you did, I think I have a spare one I could use.

Back