The Dizzy Elk

VanWhy

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Here is my build for the Dizzy Elk project that @peccary had brought to life.

I'm very thankful he sent me one of these boards. I really enjoy this circuit. It just has that vintage Ge fuzz feel. I tested quite a few transistors and diodes to get it biased in the sweet spot. I'm happy with the transistor I ended up with. They are all in the recommended ranges. The diodes were a little trickier since I am lacking some variety in my Ge stock. Tried a D9K and another one I can't remember off hand. There is currently a NOS 1N34A in there and I think it sounds best of the lot. But I'm curious of how some other ones will sound so once I build up some stock I will certainly be doing more auditioning.

Here is peccary's build report if you are interested in a more detailed explanation of the circuit. https://forum.pedalpcb.com/threads/get-rad-dizzy-elk.19318/#post-237672

I really like the look of the Ear Fuzz Effects Dizzy Tone so I used that as inspiration for the asthetic. Kind of a classy vibe (aside from the comic sans font)

Overall very happy with how it came out. Plus the satisfaction of building something that came from the awesome folks of this forum is priceless. Now that's DIY.

Attachments

• 20231116_183753.jpg
    20231116_183753.jpg
    373.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 20231116_183242.jpg
    20231116_183242.jpg
    409.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Hell yeah! That looks awesome man! I really love the font in particular.

You're the first one to build this aside from me (that I know of, at least) and I'm glad you are happy with it.

Part of me thought I'd have a bunch of people complaining about how terrible it was 😂

Get rad!

Last edited:
Hell yeah! That looks awesome man! I really love the font in particular.

You're the first one to build this aside from me (that I know of, at least) and I'm glad you are happy with it.

Part of me thought I'd have a bunch of people complaining about how terrible it was 😂

Get rad!
Dude thank you! Once again, thanks for your generosity. Glad I got this one in my collection.

Back