DOD FX22 (Vibro Thang) schematic - make true bypass?

neiltheseal

Hey everyone.

Since there doesn't seem to be a PCB available for the DOD FX22 (Vibro Thang) I thought I'd try my hand at putting one together myself.

I found a pdf for the schematic here, but I have also attached a screen shot.

My question is:

If I were to make a true bypass clone of this could I ignore everything between Q1 and Q2 up to q6? It seems to me that this is all buffered bypass which I don't need.

I suppose for clarity, can I omit Q2, Q6, R2, R3 R32, R34, C11 and C19 and everything in between?

I've had a look at some vero builds but I'm not great at reding these.don't need buffered bypass, I just want to make a cool pedal.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-01-07 at 12.24.46 am.png
    Screen Shot 2024-01-07 at 12.24.46 am.png
    417.5 KB · Views: 30
Of course, thank you. I should have said.

And Yes I have upvoted as well. I'm quite interested in this (I'm sure that's obvious though).
I had to chuckle, I should've included an imoji or something after, "you're welcome" like 😜 or 🥸 or even 😎.
I'm quite interested in your build, and hope it goes smoothly!

I had to chuckle, I should've included an imoji or something after, "you're welcome" like 😜 or 🥸 or even 😎.
I'm quite interested in your build, and hope it goes smoothly!

🥸

Well I’ve done the layout already. I’ll double check the schematic tonight (I’m always making silly mistakes) and send it to JLPCB.

I’ll let you know if I get it working. If you don’t hear from me then it’s in my drawer of shame.

Looks good, more importantly Sounds Good, noise aside.

Shielding once inside an enclosure should help tremendously, but also I'd use shielded wire between PCB <> jacks just in case.

If you still have noise then, maybe check your power filtering caps and make sure they're working ( perhaps reflow solder )...?

I got this thing going properly! Apparently if you put the led in the right way it works as intended. Who knew?

D6 on the schematic is a rate LED. Didn't know that since I'm pretty sure the original didnt have one. Pretty neat.

I'll put this in a box with my next order and hope the noise goes away. If not I'll have a look at the filtering caps. Thanks again @Feral Feline

Gawrsh shucks. Twernt nuttin I done did, YOU made it all work.

I just typed in my sleep...

opBaX6.gif

... and cheered you on from the safety of the sidelines.

tumblr_n3mgliJR0M1qf5do9o1_500.gif

Back