Don't crush your electrons in crystal lettuce!

Pauleo1214

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Build a matsumin valvecaster! This was the first circuit I ever built some 15 years ago, way before I got into building pedals; I was more focused on tube amps at the time.

I found the original in a storage box in my basement. I used a Radio Shack plastic electronics project enclosure for it. It looked fairly ghetto so I decided to revisit the circuit and make it a combo OD.

This thing is loud as all hell for a starved cathode tube circuit. I could hear the electrons breath sighs of relief as they avoided the crystal lettuce. The ghost of Dumble appeared to give me a thumbs up.

For those who have not tried, this is a worthwhile build!

20221031_172455.jpg

20221031_172541.jpg

Attachments

• 20221031_172541.jpg
    20221031_172541.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
Build a matsumin valvecaster! This was the first circuit I ever built some 15 years ago, way before I got into building pedals; I was more focused on tube amps at the time.

I found the original in a storage box in my basement. I used a Radio Shack plastic electronics project enclosure for it. It looked fairly ghetto so I decided to revisit the circuit and make it a combo OD.

This thing is loud as all hell for a starved cathode tube circuit. I could hear the electrons breath sighs of relief as they avoided the crystal lettuce. The ghost of Dumble appeared to give me a thumbs up.

For those who have not tried, this is a worthwhile build!

View attachment 34913

View attachment 34915
Do you come from the land down under?
Vegemite sandwich 😂

Back