Double Pedal Request Switch Idea

PraisetheSunn0

So, a friend is asking me to make a double pedal for him, one side is a Superfuzz and the other is a Tubescreamer. Thing is, he doesn't want just a regular double pedal, he wants each side to have it's own separate output, and he wants the switching to work in a particular way. The idea is that the right switch will turn both the Superfuzz and the Tubescreamer on and off, and the left switch will sort of act as a kill switch for the Tubescreamer, so that he can run just the Superfuzz if he wants.

It seems simple enough but I'm kind of lost on how I would wire that with two 3pdt footswitches. Any ideas?

So, a friend is asking me to make a double pedal for him, one side is a Superfuzz and the other is a Tubescreamer. Thing is, he doesn't want just a regular double pedal, he wants each side to have it's own separate output, and he wants the switching to work in a particular way. The idea is that the right switch will turn both the Superfuzz and the Tubescreamer on and off, and the left switch will sort of act as a kill switch for the Tubescreamer, so that he can run just the Superfuzz if he wants.

It seems simple enough but I'm kind of lost on how I would wire that with two 3pdt footswitches. Any ideas?

Essentially, you'll just wired up a latched Killswitch

I sorta did this with my recent Parallel Junk Trunk build...

So, the right most footswitch (Filtre) engages both Junk Trunks. The leftmost footswitch (Dual) simply disconnects the left side Junk Trunk.

To do this, I just wired the middle and one outside lug between the output of the Junk board and the return of the Paralyzer board.

EDIT- so it sounds like he'd want them parallel? If that's the case, you'll want to have a splitter at the input.
Your Killswitch would then be placed between the output of the Tube Screamer board and the jack.

Essentially, you'll just wired up a latched Killswitch

I sorta did this with my recent Parallel Junk Trunk build...

So, the right most footswitch (Filtre) engages both Junk Trunks. The leftmost footswitch (Dual) simply disconnects the left side Junk Trunk.

To do this, I just wired the middle and one outside lug between the output of the Junk board and the return of the Paralyzer board.

EDIT- so it sounds like he'd want them parallel? If that's the case, you'll want to have a splitter at the input.
Your Killswitch would then be placed between the output of the Tube Screamer board and the jack.
That all makes sense, but I'm not really sure how to actually wire that. I've only ever wired effects 3pdt the traditional way so I'm not sure what to hook up to what.

So right now I've got the fuzz all ready to go. Just not sure the next step.

20230301_124717.jpg

Back