DEMO (Junk Trunk x2 + Gas Tank)

This post contains an audio or video demo

DGWVI

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
A Gas Tank (Brown Dog clone) into a JMK Paralyzer, with a Junk Trunk (Agent 00Funk clones) in each loop. There's and FX loop between the Gas Tank and Paralyzer, with another between the send of the Paralyzer and second Junk Trunk.

No mods done to the Gas Tank, so it's just that classic gated, clean-blendable fuzz we all know and love.

Mods to the Junk Trunks include:
  1. C2 & C3 replaced with a 2p6t with 1n, 4.7n, 10n, 22n, 47n, and 100n caps selectable. This takes the filter from shrill to thumpy
  2. C6 has been replaced with a toggle to select the stock 4.7u or a 1u for quicker decay
  3. I used Orange LEDs for the peak detector because of their slightly lower vf compared to the Yellows the build docs calls for. This allows a bit more control voltage into the filters from the envelope section
As with the rest of the controls, the added switches are highly interactive with every other parameter
I also used NE5517s in place of the LM13700s, but I don't hear a difference in this circuit.
You'll notice two jacks adjacent to the 9v jack. These were meant to be CV outs from the envelope detector but, they don't seem to work when it's boxed. I'm not too fussed about them, but I will revisit and get them working eventually

orca-image-233325990.jpeg
c44544dc-753c-436d-a63b-b77a691294e4photo.jpeg received_1320597115404876.jpeg 7144924a-5c6d-4173-9df9-3d5ce3e9d607photo.jpeg

My nerves are acting up today, so haven't done a comprehensive Demo, but here's a couple to show it's working

This one's just showing off the range of the frequency cap selector on a single Junk Trunk

This one shows off a bit of the parallel action

I HIGHLY recommend the Junk Trunk to any fans of envelope filters. Has a ridiculous range and is full of a ton of amazing tones. Does funk to synth without breaking a sweat

Last edited:
This sounds nuts!!
I really liked the filters in parallel sweeping at different rates.

giphy.webp

Mad sweeps, indeed.

In the first vid, as soon as you kicked the stomper and the first note erupted, I laughed out loud.
Some rad geiger-counter burbles in the second vid; could get lost in time with this build...

...LOADS of cool sounds!

A Gas Tank (Brown Dog clone) into a JMK Paralyzer, with a Junk Trunk (Agent 00Funk clones) in each loop. There's and FX loop between the Gas Tank and Paralyzer, with another between the send of the Paralyzer and second Junk Trunk.

No mods done to the Gas Tank, so it's just that classic gated, clean-blendable fuzz we all know and love.

Mods to the Junk Trunks include:
  1. C2 & C3 replaced with a 2p6t with 1n, 4.7n, 10n, 22n, 47n, and 100n caps selectable. This takes the filter from shrill to thumpy
  2. C6 has been replaced with a toggle to select the stock 4.7u or a 1u for quicker decay
  3. I used Orange LEDs for the peak detector because of their slightly lower vf compared to the Yellows the build docs calls for. This allows a bit more control voltage into the filters from the envelope section
As with the rest of the controls, the added switches are highly interactive with every other parameter
I also used NE5517s in place of the LM13700s, but I don't hear a difference in this circuit.
You'll notice two jacks adjacent to the 9v jack. These were meant to be CV outs from the envelope detector but, they don't seem to work when it's boxed. I'm not too fussed about them, but I will revisit and get them working eventually

View attachment 41735
View attachment 41737View attachment 41738View attachment 41739

My nerves are acting up today, so haven't done a comprehensive Demo, but here's a couple to show it's working

This one's just showing off the range of the frequency cap selector on a single Junk Trunk

This one shows off a bit of the parallel action

I HIGHLY recommend the Junk Trunk to any fans of envelope filters. Has a ridiculous range and is full of a ton of amazing tones. Does funk to synth without breaking a sweat

Bit of advice from a frequent flyer. Don't try to take that through airport security in your carry on with the case off...

Back