Dual Pedals

Think of the stomp switch as separate from the circuit itself. Typical pedal goes input jack->3PDT->output jack. Then on the switch, one side is a bypass and the other is to and from the effect. In a dual pedal, it would go input jack->3PDT_1->3PDT_2->output jack. Then you have the option of running the gazintas and gazottas straight to each circuit, or to an additional order reversal switch and then wiring the circuits to that.

A) a 1590XX enclosure is basically twice as wide as a 125B so they’re my go-to for double-effects

B) if you look at the wiring diagram in the Parentheses Mini documentation (not the full-sized, but the mini), it shows how to wire the footswitches for two effects in series (since that’s basically what it is).

You’ll still need to run 9V and ground wires to both of your boards, but the footswitches are trickier.

(If you’re using PedalPCB 3PDT boards, it’s even easier, you just run a wire from the far-right pad of the first effect to the far-left pad of the second effect)

How about adding a switch to select the order the pedals? How would that be done? Asking for a clueless friend :)

I am have just finished wiring up a muroidea and percolation station. I am getting nothing. LEDs work. No sound with or without pedals engaged.

How should I wire the negative wires on the input and output jacks? Is this my problem? It is not clear on the wiring diagram to me.

IMG_9495.jpg

I am have just finished wiring up a muroidea and percolation station. I am getting nothing. LEDs work. No sound with or without pedals engaged.

How should I wire the negative wires on the input and output jacks? Is this my problem? It is not clear on the wiring diagram to me.

View attachment 9204
Your In & Out jacks are insulated so there is no Ground between PCB's or Enclosure.
Attach a Wire between Ground terminals on In & Out jacks as pictured!

Because of the Plastic Jacks, you need both Footstwitches to be Grounded to stop interference.
Solder a wire to the Serrated metal washer that comes with the Footswitches & attach the other end to Ground on each PCB.

IMG_9495.jpg

Your In & Out jacks are insulated so there is no Ground between PCB's or Enclosure.
Attach a Wire between Ground terminals on In & Out jacks as pictured!

Because of the Plastic Jacks, you need both Footstwitches to be Grounded to stop interference.
Solder a wire to the Serrated metal washer that comes with the Footswitches & attach the other end to Ground on each PCB.

View attachment 9206
Could I also just change the jacks back to the standard metal jacks?

Could I also just change the jacks back to the standard metal jacks?
That would be the best option.
Remove Paint from Inside enclosure where In & Out jacks make contact.

NOTE : Have you tested the individual PCB's are working correctly.
If you have GROUND connection from Power jack to both PCB's, you have a problem elsewhere, the plastic jacks will only cause you to have some background noise.

Try putting a Ground wire between the 2 plastic jacks to see if it fires up.
If not, you definately have a problem elsewhere.

Last edited:
That would be the best option.
Remove Paint from Inside enclosure where In & Out jacks make contact.

NOTE : Have you tested the individual PCB's are working correctly.
If you have GROUND connection from Power jack to both PCB's, you have a problem elsewhere, the plastic jacks will only cause you to have some background noise.

Try putting a Ground wire between the 2 plastic jacks to see if it fires up.
If not, you definately have a problem elsewhere.
Success. Since I wanted to keep moving on this thing, I switched the jacks out, and instant success. Percolation Station into a Rat for "taming" with order switch option. Totally gnarly and satisfying! My attempt at doing a nice finish failed so I ended up sanding it down. Now it looks like a cheeseball "relic'ed/road worn" pedal, but oh well. IMG_9497.jpg

Back