Dumb loid…

Dan0h

2nd build of ‘22 and it’s a stinker.

Not sure if I have a bunk component or if it’s just not my cup of tea. Love the looks, not the sounds.

Has a muffled almost under water quality to the lower end and a piercing to the high end. Maybe just need some time tweaking it. But there’s also a lingering fizzle in the high end reminds me of a ripped tweeter effect almost. Not a fan. Can’t make it go away. I rarely dislike a pedal.

I was stoked to build this, even used my last Gorva and yummy knobs. Oh well, at least the Mojito is killer, I’ll just play with that.

5B038176-9364-4BEF-9BF9-C1D337AE5CFC.jpeg
6604CEED-6ED7-4984-9206-FC022C3C119A.jpeg
4110568A-0E5D-40A6-8D36-131A4BB5D20C.jpeg

Your assessment of the circuit matches mine. I've built a couple of these and they all turned out super low gain+muddy lows+fizzy decay=no bueno. I haven't built pedalpcb's board for it, but I have built a couple of others.

Reactions: fig
You could try adding some lightweight clipping diodes.

I think that muddy issue is common with Dumble like pedals in general. The original Simble I have is great at lower gain but gets a bit muddy if you really cranks up the mids. I have a Symbolic that I need to troubleshoot. I think I fried the IC by soldering direct to the board. I am planning to use sockets with every build in the future as a result. I kind of want to try the Phoenix for some reason but I think the Nordland pcb that Aion Fx is going to get close the OD that sound that I want.

Back