Duo Phase Deluxe

danfrank

Yeah, I didn't really know what to call this... It started out as a Duo Phase and then I decided to add some more "features", hence the "Deluxe"
Ok, I did this with a couple of Madbean boards of a similar project and it came out great so I decided to bastardize this PCB also. I had a 4 way rotary switch so I converted this PCB to have either 2, 4, 5 or 6 stages on each of the 2 phasers. I also added a CV out so I can phase with a pedal attached to the box. This makes the Duo Phase sound sort of like a wah pedal, but what's really neat is I can control phaser "A" with the Exp pedal and have the internal LFO drive phaser "B". Or have the Exp pedal drive both phasers, in sync or out of phase.
Yeah, I guess that's it. I have some YT videos of the MB version, I have to take this over to a friend's to get some clips of this one.
IMG_20210904_202823.jpg
IMG_20210904_202706.jpg
IMG_20210904_202655.jpg

Epic stuff! Is the sheet in the middle metal / alu or so to avoid interference? cheers

I forgot to add this for anyone looking to add an expression pedal to theirs. See attached pic.
Also, a +/-5 volt supply needs to be added on a small piece of perfboard. The +5 goes to the "tip" of the expression pedal jack and the -5 goes to the "sleeve" of the jack. The PCB "hole" that normally goes to the "A" #3 lug of the depth pot goes to the "ring switch" of the jack, while the actual depth pot #3 lug goes to the "ring" of the jack and the "A" lug of the SPDT switch. See pics above and follow orange wire.
IMG_20210904_115407.jpg

Last edited:
Back