Duo-phase for stereo?

Paradox916

Has anyone used the Duo-phase in a stereo application? Or is everyone running one into the other? If you have used it in stereo how’s the synced and inverted phase sound? Hows the width?

Did you read through this?

I built mine standard. I was excited to try this just because I have a couple amps plugged up right now and I've been messing with some stereo stuff, but now that I'm thinking about it, I don't think the duophase is really set up for Stereo by default.

One in, one out : Yes
Two in, two out : Yes
One in, two out: Nope

I could run a pedal with stereo outs into the two sides and run the two sides out to the amps, but that's just running two totally independent phasers. If I understand @DGWVI 's mod, his would let you run one in, two out with them synced, but split them to two channels which sounds like it could be cool.

I built mine standard. I was excited to try this just because I have a couple amps plugged up right now and I've been messing with some stereo stuff, but now that I'm thinking about it, I don't think the duophase is really set up for Stereo by default.

I could run a pedal with stereo outs into the two sides and run the two sides out to the amps, but that's just running two totally independent phasers. If I understand @DGWVI 's mod, his would let you run one in, two out with them synced, but split them to two channels which sounds like it could be cool.

By default it is wired for one in, two out, but with the caveat that Phaser 1 runs through Phaser 2

Hopefully this is clear enough.
It'll allow you to use 1 input and 2 outputs without the first running through second
1000018261.jpg

As for actually running it stereo, I've only been able to do so briefly, but it was lush n swirly

This is what I was curious about, I get its like running two phasers in parallel but the LFOs are slaved to each other and can be put out of phase correct? I was wondering if anyone has tried it. If one side “phases out” while the other “phases in” that would be the hope, even if I had to dial each side in manually would be ok but as a summed mono signal I have no interest in that. But now that I think about it building another Binaura might actually be cheaper and I could probably program exactly what I want.

This is what I was curious about, I get its like running two phasers in parallel but the LFOs are slaved to each other and can be put out of phase correct? I was wondering if anyone has tried it. If one side “phases out” while the other “phases in” that would be the hope, even if I had to dial each side in manually would be ok but as a summed mono signal I have no interest in that. But now that I think about it building another Binaura might actually be cheaper and I could probably program exactly what I want.
If you have the Sync switch engaged then Side A's LFO takes control of Side B, and then engaging the reverse switch will invert Side B's sweep while keeping it in tempo with Side A.

If you have the Sync switch engaged then Side A's LFO takes control of Side B, and then engaging the reverse switch will invert Side B's sweep while keeping it in tempo with Side A.
YES! This answers one of my big questions thank you. Now someone put some headphones on and tell us how it sounds. the phase II I built I really liked so this is starting to sound promising.

Last edited:
Okay - this is a weird rig, and it’s a mess, but I’m having fun with it. I’m using the through-out on an Mxr chorus as a splitter after some drives. That dry sound is going to the middle amp, with delay reverb and phase going left and right. The stereo split is happening in a boss space echo, with the left and right each going into one side of the Duophase. Probably not exactly the use-case you were talking about, but it’ll run synced/ independent, and normal or reverse.
B6E821E5-209E-49A4-9D20-DF9D651AFD46.jpeg

Two independent signal paths is true stereo.

It's all about how you wire it up.
Mono in, stereo out.
Stereo in, stereo out.
Mono in, pseudo-stereo out (Left from one channel, Right from the series combination of both channels)

Nothing is forced by the PCB itself, you can wire it up to do whatever you want.

And yep, the LFOs can be linked and one inverted so one side is sweeping up while the other is sweeping down.

Or you could do it with the Binaura if you wanted:

Two independent signal paths is true stereo.

It's all about how you wire it up.
Mono in, stereo out.
Stereo in, stereo out.
Mono in, pseudo-stereo out (Left from one channel, Right from the series combination of both channels)

Nothing is forced by the PCB itself, you can wire it up to do whatever you want.

And yep, the LFOs can be linked and one inverted so one side is sweeping up while the other is sweeping down.

Or you could do it with the Binaura if you wanted:

That’s roto patch sounds pretty good.. I like it

Nothing is forced by the PCB itself, you can wire it up to do whatever you want
I would think by now you know me well enough no PCB is going to put me in a box🤣
Entirely my opinion, but I think stereo phasing is more impressive through headphones, not so much through actual amps in the room.
💯… stereo is kind of like shredding… it’s auditory masturbation, no one else wants to hear it🤣

Back