Duocast is doing Weird Sounds - Video

Thomasyoung

Hi All,

Really wanted to have your help on this issue with my Duocast, is doing weird sounds with the volume pots at noon, already tried to change the transistors but the problem stays the same.

Here is a video and a picture for better understanding and hopefully someone can help me to cross check the problem.

Thank you very much
Best Regards
Nuno

Attachments

• PXL_20231205_095744174.jpg
    PXL_20231205_095744174.jpg
    387.4 KB · Views: 30
Solution
Hi @hamerfan @Harry Klippton @MichaelW @KR Sound @music6000 @chris.knudson

Problem solved by myself, but thank you for all your comments trying to help me.

I was working on this issue for 1 Week and half, and for somehow I tested the pedal with many different power suplies and even 9V bataries.

One of my old 9V bateries the pedal didn´t do this weird sound, only new bateries OR Power Supplies, so I tried to add a 470Ohm resistor on +DC and the sound only do at 3Óclock só added a 1K resistor and Voilá this weird sound disappeared, I was so happy, I think this happens with some old fuzzes that the circuit add a 470Ohm resistor. In this case was a 1K resistor. I think the problem is that the pedal...
Thank you for the reply, all the electrolytics are 35V, 50V, and capacitors above this voltage.
Don´t know if I change the Pot will stop doing this weird sound since if cranked or lower to level low this strange sound will disappeared.
:unsure:

Checked that and no, they are well connected.
I´ve attached the germanium and sillicon transistors into sockets, but one of the sockets the plastic cover was taken off, can be that ?
I can try to round a plastic from the socket into the legs of the transistors to see if the problem presists.

AC125 should have a Dot marked on it which needs to go to C. The other 2 legs should be the same as pictured.
Are the legs of the transistor clean, you made need to tin the ends with solder for better contact???
I am not a Fan Of Sockets, its nearly the same effect as a dry solder joint what your getting!
This is what the Members do to the Legs so it fits in the socket Better

1701794574092.png

1701794548982.png

AC125 should have a Dot marked on it which needs to go to C. The other 2 legs should be the same as pictured.
Are the legs of the transistor clean, you made need to tin the ends with solder for better contact???
I am not a Fan Of Sockets, its nearly the same effect as a dry solder joint what your getting!
This is what the Members do to the Legs so it fits in the socket Better

View attachment 62410

View attachment 62409

Well I already changed the transistors and is the same, when the Level low is at noon this thing start to drive me crazy with this sound.
Don´t know if can be the cheap toggle switch or the level low footswitch OR some cable Or the POTs or any component :confused::(

Well I already changed the transistors and is the same, when the Level low is at noon this thing start to drive me crazy with this sound.
Don´t know if can be the cheap toggle switch or the level low footswitch OR some cable Or the POTs or any component :confused::(
You could try putting the switch on 27v position & solder a little jumper wire on those related 2 pads & se if it fixes it.
if it does not, that rules out the switch being the issue.

@music6000 Did what you asked me to do but didn´t work. Thank you for this tip, now I can order a better toggle switch than these ones really cheap. This is my 3rd project that I use this brand/type toggle switch and the problem came from this crapy TS.

Hope with a better switch this thing start working properly.

Attachments

• PXL_20231207_112509712.jpg
    PXL_20231207_112509712.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 3
  • PXL_20231207_113013752~2.jpg
    PXL_20231207_113013752~2.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 3
Hi again,

I´ve changed the toggle switch for a new one a better one and I am facing the same problem as the video on my first post.

Would like to know if someone can help with this?

Thank you
Regards

Attachments

• PXL_20231211_110408212.jpg
    PXL_20231211_110408212.jpg
    412.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Back