Duocast

Hi folks, congrats on the amazing build in this thread.
I'm also in the process of building a duocast and I've noticed that both the builds in this thread (and several builds on the internet as well) are using a different diode in D1 (red) compared to D2,D3,D4 and D100 while the build docs are indicating 1N5817 diodes in all positions. Would somebody tell me which model of diode is that red D1 and how is different from 1N5817?

Thanks a lot!

Hi folks, congrats on the amazing build in this thread.
I'm also in the process of building a duocast and I've noticed that both the builds in this thread (and several builds on the internet as well) are using a different diode in D1 (red) compared to D2,D3,D4 and D100 while the build docs are indicating 1N5817 diodes in all positions. Would somebody tell me which model of diode is that red D1 and how is different from 1N5817?

Thanks a lot!
Looks like older version of the board. You can see that the latest revision has only 3 components each side of the IC instead of 4 for the previous ones.

This might a longshot... I'm working on a doucast that I bought last year and the build docs have changed leaving me a bit lost. Do any of you guys have the older document or the value for the extra diode on the left? On the board it's just labelled '15V'. It's the older style shown above with 4 components on either side of the IC.

This might a longshot... I'm working on a doucast that I bought last year and the build docs have changed leaving me a bit lost. Do any of you guys have the older document or the value for the extra diode on the left? On the board it's just labelled '15V'. It's the older style shown above with 4 components on either side of the IC.
Never mind! I just found a sharpie note scribbled on a bag of diodes that I must have left for myself a year ago. 1N4744 15v is going in. Hopefully "OTHER BROADCAST" means what i think it means.

Back