SOLVED Duocast

boji

Hi all,

I finished building the Duocast yesterday. I used IPA for the first time (I know, I know) and was quite proud of my cleanest build yet. But I must have made a mistake somewhere, because it doesn't work properly.

- I got sound in bypass and when I press on the right foot switch
- Pressing the left footswitch kills the sound
- Both LEDs light up as they should

What should I check first?
Thanks!

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2021-07-22 à 16.23.24.png
    Capture d’écran 2021-07-22 à 16.23.24.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 61
  • Capture d’écran 2021-07-22 à 16.23.38.png
    Capture d’écran 2021-07-22 à 16.23.38.png
    872.9 KB · Views: 51
Check continuity on your left footswitch it's difficult to see it clearly but some of the joints don't look great

In one position the middle common row lugs should have continuity with the top row lugs (purple lines below) and clicked or switched the other way the middle common row should have continuity with the bottom row (red lines)

Looking at the switching left side grounds LED, middle I think although I can't work it out selects output and right grounds high trimmer so it's probably not going to the output and cutting signal out

Edit as @benny_profane said check that and looking at the shop pcb image middle pole would select output so make sure it connects as it should

throws.jpg
Heres the shop pcb image you can see the middle lug goes to output check you also get a connection between these points as I think @fig suggested earlier

dcast.jpg

Attachments

• Duocast.jpg
    Duocast.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I finally found someone worse than I am about editing comments :ROFLMAO:

At least yours improved each revision...I think mine are entropic.

Excellent post @Mcknib !
I had to crank gimp up (the image editor not my neighbour) a few times, then as usual I'm thinking I shoulda used this image or that image, you can tell with the big mad totally out of place common row

#Just thought I'd edit this in italics for no apparent reason

Back