Dwarven Hammer capacitor question

aurorarob

Hi all, first post :)

I am planning on building the Dwarven Hammer pedal and I think I understand most of what I need except I am not sure what type/size of capacitors to buy for the build. I see that most builds seem to have some red caps, white caps, a couple of orange drops etc. I am just not sure what to call them when I am sourcing them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Aurorarob

Hi all, first post :)

I am planning on building the Dwarven Hammer pedal and I think I understand most of what I need except I am not sure what type/size of capacitors to buy for the build. I see that most builds seem to have some red caps, white caps, a couple of orange drops etc. I am just not sure what to call them when I am sourcing them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Aurorarob
Generally speaking, pF will be ceramic(MLCC if possible), nF film caps(boxes preferred when possible), and uF polarized electrolytic caps. This is not a hard rule though and if the bill of materials doesn't specify, make sure you look at the picture of the board in the build docs and cross-reference with the corresponding capacitor. Box capacitor lead spacing needs to be 5mm and width 2.5mm(sometimes larger but refer to build docs). Electrolytic cap lead spacing is usually 2mm and diameter 5mm.

Back