Effects Layouts Frizz

VanWhy

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
My build report for the Effects Layouts Frizz. This is based on the EWS Fuzzy Drive/FD-1.

My history with the FD-1 is it was basically my 1st "fuzz" pedal. Even though I don't consider it much of a fuzz. In the forums and groups it was touted as the fuzz for people who hate fuzz. To be honest I didn't have it for long but I always liked the idea of having the versatility of going from OD to fuzz. This pedal sort of had this ability. Didnt do either great but it was different imo. Is it a must have pedal? Nah. Does it remind me of good times? Yep.

I saw Effects Layouts had it so I wanted to try it. It fired right up (after I wired the input and outputs correctly smh). The only issue I had is that it did not get fuzzy with the gain dimed. It was still in the overdrive territory. I ended up socketing R3 which in the initial amplifier stage and going with a 2M resistor instead of the 470K on the BOM. It definitely saturated things more.

I went with an homage to my favorite baseball team for the theme. The decal looks almost aged on purpose instead of mishandled. I like how it came out.

Attachments

• 20230815_162214.jpg
    20230815_162214.jpg
    766.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 20230815_162224.jpg
    20230815_162224.jpg
    499.2 KB · Views: 26
This is really nice work and I love the write up! Isn't that the whole point of having this stuff is to bring you back to the good times? To still feel a bit care free for a moment?

This is really nice work and I love the write up! Isn't that the whole point of having this stuff is to bring you back to the good times? To still feel a bit care free for a moment?
Thanks. That means a lot coming from yourself. That is the beauty of pedal DIY.

Back