Effects Layouts Need for Tweed

Laundryroom David

Keyboard Cowboy 🤠
Build Rating
4.00 star(s)
I had several problems with this one, but sorted them out and now it’s up and running. I really did not enjoy building this, which is squarely on my head and not Effects Layout’s. I made some dumb building choices that deviated from my usual process and the thoroughly predictable result is my bitching about my stupidity now.

Anyway, with all that out of the way, this is a very nice j201 based overdrive/preamp type thingy. I followed the bom. I could not find my 1.5 nF film caps (entirely possible I used them up on something else and forgot). So I Frankensteined some of my own.

I had a weird issue with the led/switch pad, hence that gnarly wire that’s noticeably out of sync with it’s lil pals.

This pedal sounds thoroughly fine and good. I wouldn’t rush to build one, but it is very … nice? A bit boring. I don’t get much of a “small combo about to melt down” vibe from it, which is what I had hoped to hear. I’ll putter a bit over the next few days and see if I can extract a bit more saggy harmonic signal degradation out of it.

IMG_6633.jpeg IMG_6632.jpeg

I’ve discovered that running a silicon fuzz face at 11 into this pedal sounds pretty fantastic and close to blowout.

Of course I also think running a silicon fuzz face at 11 right into my amp also sounds pretty fantastic, so …

Anyway. Leaving it at 4 stars.

Back
Top Bottom