Effects Layouts Prismatic EQ (Boss GE-7)

Zennmaster

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
My first build for june, the Prismatic EQ by Effects Layouts.

This one was a really easy build. All the components were readily available, and everything went together very naturally.

This was my first experience with both 9mm pots and center detent pots. It not be my last with either.

I haven't used graphic equalizers much, but I am really impressed at how much tone tuning can be done with all these knobs. I'm looking forward to giving this one a lot of attention in the near future.

The enclosure is a 125B from Love My Switches, and the art is waterslide. I'm really happy with how the decal went on.

20240601_094413.jpg 20240601_094428.jpg

Looks fantastic, great job!

I built that same pedal not too long ago (actually gigged it tonight). I actually go back and forth between it and my Source Audio EQ2. The ge7 is great if you only need it to do one thing, and want to be able to quickly and easily do some quick tuning on the fly (especially during a gig). The EQ2 can do so much (graphic and parametric capabilities, not to mention all kinds of other goodies), and IMO sounds amazing. But the interface doesn’t really lend itself to quick adjustments in the heat of the moment.

Anyway - what kind of LED bezel did you use for this build?

Looks fantastic, great job!

I built that same pedal not too long ago (actually gigged it tonight). I actually go back and forth between it and my Source Audio EQ2. The ge7 is great if you only need it to do one thing, and want to be able to quickly and easily do some quick tuning on the fly (especially during a gig). The EQ2 can do so much (graphic and parametric capabilities, not to mention all kinds of other goodies), and IMO sounds amazing. But the interface doesn’t really lend itself to quick adjustments in the heat of the moment.

Anyway - what kind of LED bezel did you use for this build?

Thank you!

And wow, I wasn't familiar with the EQ2, but now I think I may be in a rabbit hole. That thing looks sweet! Too bad it doesn't appear to be a good DIY candidate, but they can't all be. lol.

The LED bezel is just the regular Tayda 3mm metal bezel, but I put it through an anodized toggle switch washer from LMS. It's a nice look, and gives me a little more confidence when it goes over a waterslide. Those little bezels have such a small, sharp shelf, I worry about them cutting through the decal paper and leaving a rough lip.

Looks great!

I am building one of these in the near future and am concerned about getting knobs that will fit. What is the diameter of the knobs you used?

Also, yes that Source Audio EQ2 looks cool!

Back