EHX Small Clone / Bass Clone

taxfree

The bass version of the EHX Small Clone (EHX Bass Clone) has treble and bass controls. I can't find a schematic available for this pedal. Any ideas on how to implement these controls in Small Clone?

1698858687123.png

Agreed. Many bass EQs, though not all, are active circuits. You'll need to create a daughterboard and then find a good place to put it. Up to me, i'd throw it in right before the volume pot. Can someone else chime in?

I agree, it's rare for bass-specific pedals to get on the Wish List. Put it there and I will upvote it!
There's an increasing number of bass-pedals sneaking through to the Shop.

The EQ could be simply
Bass — an extra cap on the input on a blend and the
Treble — more of a presence control, bleeding highs to ground.

Or EQ could be a
James or Baxandall style thing. Where in the circuit is it placed?

The interesting part is the X-OVER toggle; where is the crossover set at? How is the EQ set up around it?

I'd think that the x-over would be up high, so the chorus effect is only on the mids and highs of the signal while leaving the low end unaffected.

I've never tried the Bass Clone, but would love to hear my upright through it and better yet — see a schematic!

I agree, it's rare for bass-specific pedals to get on the Wish List. Put it there and I will upvote it!
There's an increasing number of bass-pedals sneaking through to the Shop.

The EQ could be simply
Bass — an extra cap on the input on a blend and the
Treble — more of a presence control, bleeding highs to ground.

Or EQ could be a
James or Baxandall style thing. Where in the circuit is it placed?

The interesting part is the X-OVER toggle; where is the crossover set at? How is the EQ set up around it?

I'd think that the x-over would be up high, so the chorus effect is only on the mids and highs of the signal while leaving the low end unaffected.

I've never tried the Bass Clone, but would love to hear my upright through it and better yet — see a schematic!
My knowledge of electronics is too poor to answer one of these questions. I built a Small Clone of Guitar FX Layouts as LEGO.

I thought about trying something like the AMZ scheme in the image but I don't know if I'll have space in the enclosure.

1699018467624.png

Well, that's very few components, and if you used 9mm pots will fit depending on size of enclosure you want to use.

Just tacking on that at the end ... well, wherever you put the AMZ tone stack, it isn't going to transform the Small Clone circuit into a Bass Clone.

You either have to wait for someone to offer the Bass Clone clone, or bone up on technical mumbo-jumbo to attempt a Bass Clone of your own. The latter path will be more rewarding, I bet.

Well, that's very few components, and if you used 9mm pots will fit depending on size of enclosure you want to use.

Just tacking on that at the end ... well, wherever you put the AMZ tone stack, it isn't going to transform the Small Clone circuit into a Bass Clone.

You either have to wait for someone to offer the Bass Clone clone, or bone up on technical mumbo-jumbo to attempt a Bass Clone of your own. The latter path will be more rewarding, I bet.
I used a 125B with a mix control, and the switch is to change the capacitor from 150pf to 50pf or 270pf

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-11-03 at 11.03.20.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-11-03 at 11.03.20.jpeg
    128.1 KB · Views: 2
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-11-03 at 11.05.53.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-11-03 at 11.05.53.jpeg
    20.8 KB · Views: 2
It's really rare to see pedals for bassists on the wish list. I'm curious if this is very different from Small Clone and if it is possible to include bass and treble controls.
I put a lot of bass stuff in the wishlist. There are a handful of others too. Definitely worth adding any bass effects you want, imo

Back