SOLVED El Sol no sound

drgonzo1969

Ive been trying to troubleshoot this El Sol PCB. The LED lights up when the effect is on but no signal. I get signal when the pedal is bypassed. Here are some photos of the pcb. The IC's are LM386N

Attachments

• Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    810 KB · Views: 41
  • Image (1).jpeg
    Image (1).jpeg
    572.3 KB · Views: 38
  • Image (2).jpeg
    Image (2).jpeg
    598.9 KB · Views: 38
I didn't completely follow the discussion, but if it's the IC's that are the issue and you're going to order new ones, I suggest you order LM386N-3's, LM386N-4's or LM386L's based on my experience (and for example discussion on the tagboardeffects acapulco gold post). Some people get N-1's to work too, but apparently you might have to try multiple ones, and mine sounded broken with those. Worked fine with LM386L's.

I didn't completely follow the discussion, but if it's the IC's that are the issue and you're going to order new ones, I suggest you order LM386N-3's, LM386N-4's or LM386L's based on my experience (and for example discussion on the tagboardeffects acapulco gold post). Some people get N-1's to work too, but apparently you might have to try multiple ones, and mine sounded broken with those. Worked fine with LM386L's.
Yep, N3's & N4's from my experience with them also!

Back